Thursday, December 28, 2006
The drywall guy is going to start mudding this afternoon or tomorrow. We are waiting on the heaters at the moment. Since we don't have our HVAC unit hooked up yet (that's a different story), we have to bring in propane heaters so that the drywall mud won't crack and pull the seams apart. This process will probably take a week or two to complete. After that is dry, we will be ready to paint, and then finish trim, electrical, and flooring. We are debating how much of this we should do ourselves. We are trying to hurry, since we are paying interest only until we officially "close" on our loan, and the interest rate is pretty high.
I'll try to post Chicago, new house, and Christmas pictures on here when I find my computer and the time to do it.
Monday, December 25, 2006
Our drywall continues to progress, although they aren't working again until tomorrow. When we get back, we are looking forward to getting our garage door installed, and finishing up the decisions on our paint, as we will need to be doing that in a week or two.
That's all for now! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 22, 2006
I'm so blessed to work where I do. I not only have a positive work environment, and good benefits, but the congregation is so friendly and appreciative. Let me list for you, the gifts I've received this Christmas: a bag of cookies, a box of candy canes, a devotional book, a stationary set, a bag of chocolates, a box of ESTHER PRICE chocolates (I just ate one), a nativity wall hanging, a Santa ornament, a CD, a scripture ornament, and a very yummy pecan butter coffee cake.
Merry Christmas a little early!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? gallbladder surgery Jan of 04
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? a quilt, my earring holder, a picture, etc.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE? it's pink and razor-like
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO? I like almost anything. I usually listen to praise and worship music.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Around 6 am, I think
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? my house to be finished!
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? family and friends I've moved away from
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? I have no idea.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL? rain or my tea brewing device making Orance and Spice at work.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? not generally
11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK? only if I'm alone for a long time and awake
12. What? what..what..
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME? I'm not sure, I like lots
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? duh, red heads, of course
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT? well, since that already happened, I'd have to say Sterling Lake.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS? Tea only
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? it changes, probably sausage
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Coconut pecan pie or a warm brownie with ice cream and caramel
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD? Ha! I probably shouldn't answer this question on here. Let's just say it was someone that I live with.
20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE? sing . . . yes, speak . . . no
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX): a hockey puck
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY? Yes, I like a lot of people! My husband, family, and friends.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? Yep, my elbows. It's gross!
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? I'm not sure I have a favorite right now. Anything that fits and looks ok.
25. WHAT`S YOUR DREAM CAR? Chrysler 500 (black with tan leather interior)
27. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR DREAMS? finish my house and have a family or be in a touring singing group
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? I've always been a fan of writing notes. That way they can keep it with them. (I like getting notes too).
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:7
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? I've always wanted to see what being blonde would be like but I generally like my brunette hair.
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN? Butler County Building Department (I've got it memorized).
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? guilt or farting (at home) and way way overprotective parents (at work)
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S? yep! Canada once, and Europe twice.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Caring too much what everyone thinks about unimportant stuff (like appearance and money)
36. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE? I'd like to try several places out. Chicago, Hawaii, New Zealand, or Europe
37. FIRST JOB? babysitting
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Yes, in middle school, until my friend's mom got mad and I got chewed out. I NEVER did it again.
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY? working!
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE? tummy tuck or something done with my hips!
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY? taking a break from work
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? singing at Monroe Pres probably
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL? wouldn't make much difference to me (besides cooking).
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? a nice relaxing dinner in my new house (hopefully)
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? I've always thought I wanted four. Now that I want to adopt as well as have biological kids, I'm not sure how that will turn out.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? just my middle name, after my Grandpa
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? No.
48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE? the one with the diamonds on it!
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? last night (I think a few times).
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? If I don't write too fast.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?i really don't like lunch meat (or any other kind of processed meat). I will eat turkey but that's about it.
52. ANY BAD HABITS? My main bad habit is worry!
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF? hmm, I don't think I have any embarrassing CD's. Andrew's first CD was the bodyguard, that's sort of embarrassing.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably. It takes a while for me to form deep relationships with people, so I hope I'd stick around.
55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL? probably when I was younger
56. DO LOOKS MATTER? Generally, no. I try to keep myself presentable but not spend too much time or money dwelling on it as I think there are more important things in life.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? Oh, all sorts of immature things. Andrew usually lets me beat on him for a while and then I end up crying.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? umm, where is my first home?? Actually, my second home right now is probably my in-law's house.
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY? not strangers but if I know people I'm pretty trusting.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? any doll
61. WHAT ARE THE FIRST THREE NUMBERS IN YOUR CELL PHONE? 513
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?at times. I try to not overuse it.
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT? no..
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? loves God, emotionally stable, caring, sense of humor (a.k.a my husband)
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? Jaimer
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? nope
69. WHO IS YOUR CRUSH? Umm, I'm married.
70. WHAT`S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coconut or Toffee Chip
71. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT ON A DATE? I do believe that was last Friday night.
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS? red, pink, and black (to wear)
73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE? They were ALL removed in March
74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW? My family, good friends and Sterling co-workers
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? it would be fun but it takes a lot of time
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? preschool kiddos having play time the the gym here at the church. They are excited because today is their last day before Christmas.
77. LAST THING YOU ATE? sandwich
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jenny my sis
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?walk
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG? I Will Trust in You (Craig Aven, the Worship Leader at our church)
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE: right now it's the Butler County Building dept. Just kidding. I don't really hate much.
82. FAVORITE DRINK? Cranberry or peach tea.
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN: I have no idea.
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT? football to watch, tennis to play
85. HAIR COLOR?light brown
86. EYE COLOR? I've never really known. Depends on what I'm wearing.
87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES? only after I take my contacts out.
88. SIBLINGS? yes, a sister and a brother
89. FAVORITE MONTH? May!
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI? Yes!
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?The weather channel this morning
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Hmm, probably May 25th (our anniversary)
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? Not Applicable!
94. SUMMER OR WINTER? SUMMER!!
95. KISSES OR HUGS?both please, I prefer hugs, and lots of them!
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? relationships
97. WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Amy Doane perhaps?
98. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Jennie or Maggie! :) Althought it would be fun if they did!
99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Born O'Hurley. I wouldn't recommend it.
100. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU? Yes, my husband is. He's told me several times today!
Daily Advice: If you would like to be sane, don't build a house by YOURSELF! This is not for the faint of heart!
Monday, December 18, 2006
I was welcomed to work today by three Christmas cards, two bags of goodies, and a gift from one of my co-workers. I'm such a bum or a scrooge this year, for not doing nice things for my co-workers. I would make them some Christmas goodies, but I'm having a difficult time finding time or a kitchen!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
We've had a terrible mess with the house. First of all, the county called Andrew and our UBI office to say that we never had a foundation inspection. This is true. . . because I called the county before we backfilled and a lady there told me that "you only have to have an inspection if it's a walk-out basement." Well, now they are saying that we'll have to dig up one little corner so they can inspect it. This stinks, it really does. The inspector also found three things that he thought we should fix with the framing. Two of them don't make sense to us, so we'll need to get that figured out. This whole things just makes me dislike the government even more! Anyway, I'm sort of foggy headed right now, so I can't explain everything that we have to fix. The inspector said to go ahead and insulate but we can't get that inspected until we pass the framing inspection. So, we have insulation being installed right now, but we can't move past that until we get several things taken care of.
All for now!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
I debated whether to go to work today. Not because I feel that sick, just a stuffy nose, and a sore throat (which I suspect is just a product of bad allergies) but I have four sick days yet and there wasn't much going on today. In the end, I decided to come anyway. I'm going to have to cancel a few of my lessons tonight, due to the fact I can't really sing with my nose so plugged! Oh well. I'm just thankful that I don't feel that sick.
We are having another electrical inspection today. If we pass, which I think we will, then I can call in for a framing inspection tomorrow, if we pass that, then we can have the insulation installed on Wednesday, and after that is done the drywall can be hung! We can really move if we pass these two inspections! I'll let you know!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Top 10 Reasons I Love my Sister (and love to visit her):
10) She always comes to pick me up, even if I'm on a street corner (in downtown Chicago)!
9) We can hobble along together on the ice and not seem too weird or too old.
8) She made me some yummy fondue (cheese and chocolate).
7) She lets me hang out with a group of all Psychologists, which I found wonderfully refreshing.
6) She is fascinated with my ability to do a sinus cleanse!
5) We can talk about things, like exclamation marks, for long periods of time.
4) She warns me before having to hold hands in church, after singing the Jesse Tree song.
3) She takes me to the nationally ranked, Wheaton College Cafeteria.
2) She pumped up my air mattress with a hand pump. It was funny!
1) She let me meet her date for this weekend, and didn't get mad when I remarked about how normal he was compared to her other dates (and didn't get mad when I told the date that she had broken her nose in basketball . . . . although to my defense, that was better than saying "oh my, I think I have on someone else's pants").
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Well, we have continued to postpone our electrical inspections. Andrew continues to talk to the inspector and find things to fix. I think this is just fine. The inspectors will charge per visit, so it's better to get it right first, rather than have the inspector back time and time again. I'm obviously ready to be in our new house, but I realize the benefits of being patient.
Friday, December 01, 2006
I try to hold my own life in my own hand
Frustration sets in, thought I had this
Failure is the one thing that I can’t stand
Oh, You remind me that taking care of me
Was never in my job description.
Oh, now I’m finding You want to fix it all
You’re just waiting for permission
I’m giving up, I’m letting go
Of everything that I’ve held onto
I’m giving up, I’m letting go
Of everything that I’ve let hold me
Far too long (for so long)
Lord I know I need to give
You full control
Help me give up and let go
I want to trust You with my whole heart
Not lean on what I think I understand
And even when I can’t see Jesus, help me still to believe
You’re unveiling an unfailing plan
Oh, but sometimes the old me creeps back in
Oh, and the only thing I know to do is give it all to You again
Help me give up, help me let go Help me give it all to You
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
We had a calm and relaxing Thanksgiving here. Andrew and I were able to "escape" down to Shaker Village for a night on Friday night. Andrew had been wanting to go for his birthday, so . . . we used his birthday money to pay for the trip. It was so nice to just get away from everything for a night. He can play a mean game of checkers! I almost had him beat for a while (because I'm sneaky) but he beat me in the end. It was so fun and relaxing just to do something else than talk about the house and make those kind of heavy decisions with him!!
I'll keep you updated on the inspection, etc. I'm so hoping that we pass and are drywalling by next weekend!!
Monday, November 20, 2006
We've finally set a bit of a deadline for the electric to be finished. We're hoping to have our framing inspection on November 28th!! It's not set in stone but we're hoping for that date! After that, we can proceed with the insulation, drywall, and finish carpentry!!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
The siding is mostly up on the house and I promise pictures sometime soon. I bought batteries today, so my camera will be functioning soon. I am so pleased that I learned how to do something useful at the house. I'm shimming the windows myself.
Also, my good friend, Connie, and two of her friends, are coming to stay this weekend. They are actually here to attend a youth gathering in Cincinnati. Should be fun, folks!
Friday, November 10, 2006
I received a call, the other day, from the May Festival Manager. They are opening up one concert in January, this year, to any former singers, if they want to return. I really wanted to do it, because of the music and it's just fun to be around good musicians, but Andrew convinced me (or made me think) that I would be completely stressed and busy if I did that. I would drive down to practice on every Tuesday night (minus the holidays) until the end of January. As much as I really want to do it, I just have to think that I'll do it again when I'm not so busy.
I started seeing a chiropractor this week. I had a stiff neck that wouldn't go away for almost a month. She found that almost my entire neck was out of whack (my term not hers) and the natural curve supposed to be in my neck was gone. So, after receiving my first adjustment yesterday, I'm here at work, trying my best to use the proper posture she told me too. I never thought I had that bad of posture before, but I guess so. I also realize that if I'm ever using my mouse at work, I have to really slump over and lean forward to use it! My keyboard is on a pull-out thing but my mouse is not. I tried moving it this morning, so we'll see if that helps.
Ok, all for now! I've got to get to work on the newsletter!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
The siding guy is working today. I'll take some pictures tonight, if there is anything to see. He says that it should only take him one week to finish, so we'll see. I bought a kitchen sink and bathtub/shower faucet yesterday. I ended up with a cast iron sink because the other ones felt way to cheap!
Well, that's about all for now. We're just plugging away on the electric, cleaning things up, and moving forward on things. I'm hoping we can have drywall in by/around the 17th of November. I'd like it in before Thanksgiving anyway. All for now!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
We received our car title yesterday!! Yeah!! I am headed to Middletown today at lunch to sign the title over to an Ohio one and get the plates. And again I say . . . yeah! I also have a chiropractor appointment at 6:00 pm tonight. My neck has been out for a long time. We get 12 "free" visits per year. Since there are only two months left in the year, I figured I'd be under that number.
After my lessons last night, I "drove" the Oldsmobile to a mechanics in Fairfield to be checked out today. I liked going down the hills because then the car would make it above 30 miles per hour. I think I pulled over about three times to let people pass. It wasn't too bad. Jennie came and picked me up (thank you Jennie!!) since Andrew was at work last night until 10:30 pm! I couldn't sleep, so I enjoyed a very funny "Whose Line" rerun. The mechanics are just checking out the problem, then we will decide whether or not it is worth the money to fix it. Unfortunately, I left my cell phone at home this morning (charging) and so I don't know if they called me yet or not. Thankfully, Susan (my m-i-l) works about 2 miles from me and she is bringing my phone over. I'll pick it up mid morning when I go to Middletown for the car tags. It'll be so nice to have our cars back again.
Andrew continues to work on the electric and says he'll be close to finished this weekend. Also, the siding guy starts this morning. Andrew met him before work. It should look MUCH different by the end of the week. I'm so excited!! I'll post lots of pictures when things look differently.
Don't worry, Mom . . . . I'm also going to vote at lunch today.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
1. Who was your best friend(s) in high school? Marie Chesbro
2. What sports did you play in high school? Tennis
3. What kind of car did you drive? 1991 Buick LeSabre (we called it Big Red)
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Probably at a sporting event (watching my sister)
5. Were you a party animal? . . . umm no
6. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so . . . although that's where I first learned! :)
7. Ever skip school? Well, once I had a little "disagreement" with my PE teacher and went to the principal's office (I was friends with her daughters) and we just sat and chatted since it was the last day of school. I also "skipped" choir class once and this same principal wrote me an excused note! :)
8. Were you a nerd? Only a music nerd, not a book nerd
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Definitely not! I followed all rules!
10. Can you sing the fight song? I don't think it has words
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Ms. Bennington (for letting us watch SO many movies), Mrs. Richardson (for letting me cook and sew during school), and Mrs. Suiter (for letting us read our library books and eat Peanut Butter M&M's everyday during spanish class . . . guess that's why I don't know ANY spanish).
12. Favorite Class? History, or English
13. What was your school's full name? St. John High School
14. School Mascot? Tiger
15. Did you go to Prom? Yeah!
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Try harder in Math class
17. What do you remember most about graduation? It was so quick and I had to pray infront of quite a few people!!
18. Favorite memory of your senior year? The musical
19. Where were you on senior skip day? There was no such thing.
20. Did you have a job your senior year? No, besides helping out on the farm. I worked at the bank, after I graduated.
21. Where did you go most often for lunch? Home or The Ruby Slipper
22. What did you do after graduation? Went to Sterling College
23. When did you graduate? 2000
24. Who was your senior prom date? Matt Fox
25. Are you going to your ten year reunion? If someone organizes one.
26. Who was your home room teacher? I don't remember having home room. We were so small, I don't think it was needed. Don't remember.
27. Who will repost this after you? I HOPE everyone does!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
The sweet girl, Ellie, in my Sunday school class, is having her third open heart surgery this morning at 9:00 am. They have amazing technology these days and her parents have a website where they update every so often. If you are interested in reading it and praying for her can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org but I can only invite people to it through email.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
1. YOUR DRAG QUEEN/KING NAME: (first pet & current street/road name)
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor & favorite cookie)
Toffee Chip Ginger Snap
3. YOUR "SOOPER FLY" NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, last 3 letters of mom's maiden name)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink put "The")
The Purple Vanilla Soda
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne)
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (grandmother & grandfather's middle name)
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Our siding guy was pushed back another week, due to rain delays. That's fine since it is giving Andrew an opportunity to recover and finish this class he is in, while working slowly on the electric. He is also going to have to fix the stairs (they don't fit but were build to plan, we're not sure what happened) and frame in one more door upstairs to some attic space. I don't think we'll be in by Christmas now, but that's ok. I appreciate all the money we're saving by him doing the work.
I taught Sunday School this morning. It was a little tiring as I had to put my one sweet heart in time-out FOUR times! The lady who helped me, told me I did a great job with this girl, after the hour was over, even though I didn't feel things went well.
Well, that's it for now. I'm off to enjoy the last few remaining hours of the weekend!!
Thursday, October 26, 2006
The back of the house.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
However . . . . . I have felt lately that some people would prefer us to live Kansas. Many times this idea hurts my feelings. I feel as if I have sacrificed living far away from my family, and that is not appreciated. It also makes me feel as if I am not well liked (worst feeling ever). Anyway, this idea kept me up a little bit last night. I also do like it here! I love our church and the caring community there. I love my Sunday school kids and my fellow teachers. I love my job and the people here. I love our new house and the location. I love the "build-in" family that Andrew's family has provided for us. This is a good "country in or close to the city" type of area. I am able to take advantage of things, such as May Festival, while still driving by farms every day. Anyway, moving on . . .
The roof on our house is being finished today. My past two day's lunch breaks have been spent driving to the roofing distributor (down in Lockland) to pick up extra supplies and also PAY for them. Argh! I'm sick of spending money even though I know it is on a fabulous new house. Anyway, today, I drove down, picked up ridge caps, drove up to our house, dropped them off, and made it back to work, all in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I owe the church a little make up time. Andrew should be able to start working on the electric work, as soon as his class slows down a bit. He's got a final test, a final paper, and a power point presentation due soon. I'm trying to be patient. The siding guy is scheduled to start next Monday. I'm now hoping for drywall around the 17th of November. We're also contemplating installing the insulation ourselves, to save money . . . of course. I should have time to post lots more fun pictures tonight, if I think of it. I'm really enjoying this lull in the house building. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when it's all done and I don't have to deal with it anymore!! Yeah! I planted some bulbs (by the mailbox) and a bag of grass seed this past weekend. Just in time, as I think the first hard frost hit this morning.
I have also developed a new reaction to stress. My normal reaction to stress: weight gain and yes, I know it is from eating too much. Now, I have discovered that I have an eyebrow twitch above each eye. For a while I thought it might be my diet (which has been so incredibly terribly bad bad bad) but recently I've improved my diet and now both eyebrow's are twitching! I guess twitching is better than weight gain. I have noticed several sweaters are smaller than they were last year. Hmm, must have shrunk in the cold barn storage! :) I can't wait to go back on the Jaime's southbeach diet and buy myself an exercise machine (I've got half the money saved away in my underwear drawer, I'm sure you wanted to know that). Wow, this is an incredibly long blog. I'd better get to work on Sunday's attendance! All for now folks!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
*Sorry, blogger is being a pain this morning and this pictures are big to upload. I'll try to do more tonight after lessons but I've got to get ready for work now. So, only one picture loaded. It's of our new back door, which I think is beautiful! Enjoy!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
2) Birthday: 05/03/1982
3) Birthplace: St. John, Kansas
4) Current Location: Mason, Ohio
5) Eye Color: Depends on what I'm wearing
6) Hair Color: Brown
7) Height: 5'3"
8) Right Handed or Left Handed: Right Handed
9) Your Heritage: Mostly German. Does Kansan count?
10) The Shoes You Wore Today: My black serious shoes.
11) Your Weakness: Sweets!
12) Your Fears: Hmm, losing my loved ones, I guess. I really work on not being afraid of much.
13) Your Perfect Pizza: Pepperoni, sausage and extra cheese.
14) Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Set up a recital for my voice students to perform in (get them ready for it!!).
15) Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: Don't IM a lot anymore
16) Thoughts First Waking Up: Depends on the day, today: "Is our house done yet? *sinking feeling* no, it's not. Then "God help me!!" :)
17) Your Best Physical Feature: Depends on the day? I don't know hair, or teeth, I guess!
18) Your Bedtime: Depends on the day. Usually by 11:00 pm
19) Your Most Missed Memory: College days (friends, choir, being romanced and serenaded by Andrew), the year I roomed with Sarah in McCreery!
20) Pepsi or Coke: Neither. The only pop I drink is Root Beer.
21) McDonalds or Burger King: Neither. Not a big fast food person. If I were desperate, McDonalds.
22) Single or Group Dates: Group dates were always more fun since Andrew doesn't really like to talk and I do!!!
23) Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Neither. I only drink fresh brewed tea now, the rest is gross (I'm tea spoiled, thanks to my in-law's tearoom)
24) Chocolate or Vanilla: Depends on the desert. Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate brownies (a little caramel never hurt, either)
25) Cappuccino or Coffee: I barely drink cappuccino . . only if it is very sugary!
26) Do you Smoke: No
27) Do you Sing: Yes! Every day!
28) Do you Shower Daily: Yes!
29) Have you Been in Love: Have been and still am!
30) Do you want to go to College: I've already done that, so probably not anymore.
31) Do you want to get Married: I've also done that so . . . no not again! :)
32) Do you believe in yourself: Not very often.
33) Do you get Motion Sickness: I never have before.
34) Do you think you are Attractive: Rarely
35) Are you a Health Freak: I try to be but am having a difficult time right now!
36) Do you get along with your Parents: Yes, very well.
37) Do you like Thunderstorms: Yes, as long as they don't damage anything.
38) Do you play an Instrument: Yes, clarinet and a little piano.
39) In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: Yes, I tried a raspberry thingy at my aunt-in-law's house. About two sips. Too strong for me!
40) In the past month have you Smoked: No
41) In the past month have you been on Drugs: No
42) In the past month have you gone on a Date: Yes, I can count the marriage
Rendezvous we attended.
43) In the past month have you gone to a Mall: Um, yes, to pick out our appliances at Sears but other than that I haven't been in over a year.
44) In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: No, I'm not a huge fan of packaged or processed desserts.
45) In the past month have you eaten Sushi: Not in the last month, but I actually like it! Hmm, we should do that soon.
46) In the past month have you been on Stage: Umm, no, don't think so. Not since May Fest finished.
47) In the past month have you been Dumped: Nope
48) In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: No, not since high school! :)
49) In the past month have you Stolen Anything: No
50) Even been drunk: No
51) Ever been called a Tease: Only by my hubby
52) Ever been Beaten up: Only by my own body. My ankles give out a lot and I fall. . . a lot.
53) Ever Shoplifted: Nope, never.
54) How do you want to Die: Working in a garden, in my sleep, but definitely before my husband. I don't want to live without him!
55) What do you want to be when you Grow Up: A mom, a singer, perhaps a professional organizer.
56) What country would you most like to Visit: Next on my list is Italy. It might be a while before we travel to Europe again! :(
In a Boy/Girl:
57) Favourite Eye Color: Girl and boy: Blue
58) Favourite Hair Color Girl and boy: red or blond
59) Short or Long Hair: Short
60) Best Clothing Style: Don't know. For a boy, I like Carol's perfect man outfit.
61) Number of Drugs I have taken: I don't take drugs (recreation or medicinal).
62) Number of CDs I own: Hmm, maybe about 50 or so.
63) Number of Piercings: Four (two in each ear)
64) Number of Tattoos: None!
65) Number of things in my Past I Regret: Not kissing my dad "goodbye" on my wedding day. I still get a little teary thinking about that.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
We are currently still working on installing windows and doors, and roughing in plumbing and HVAC. The siding guy said he would be able to start on the 30th and it will take him a week to finish. This timing sets us back a week but it is good for Andrew, so he will have more time to finish the windows/doors and the finish the electric. These things all have to be done before we insullate or drywall because we have to pass a county inspection first. We may not pass on the first try so I'm not getting my hopes up for drywall until the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Andrew is (thankfully) taking the next class off, since he will have lots of projects to finish next month on the house (cabinets, trim, and some flooring). We are hoping to be in our house, with a nice little office set up for him, by the time his next class starts. That's all for now.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Friday, October 13, 2006
And last, but not least . . . Happy birthday to my mother-in-law, Susan, and my aunt-in-law, Linda.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Today we have HVAC and plumbers still working on roughing in pipes and duct work. The framers should be out today or tomorrow to finish framing up the mud room and laundry room. The windows are going to be delivered on Friday, so hopefully Andrew will have some time to get them put in this weekend. We don't want them to get stolen, so we are pondering tricky ways to hide them or possibly keep them in Wayne and Susan's shop for safety. We'll see what happens. Andrew should be able to begin the electric next week and the siding guy is probably going to come out in the middle of next week. Hopefully, we'll be able to seal everything up there soon. It keeps on moving quickly!
Monday, October 09, 2006
If we find someone to do the roof for the price we want, things will continue to progress rapidly and Andrew could be installing the windows sometime soon. If we can't find anyone, Andrew will continue with the roofing project until it is complete. We think that might set us back two to three weeks. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Ok, now on to the pictures.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Andrew and Wayne putting on the tar paper for the roof. Sorry this picture is so dark but well . . . it was pretty dark outside! Our neighbor, Herb, is watching and helping.
Blogger is being stupid and I can't click where I want to so this is the caption for the picture below. Our house on Tuesday 10/3/06
Our house at lunch today (10/05/06)
The front dormers are in. Now they just have to frame walls in upstairs and finish the dormer in the back.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Today: Backfill and framing
Tomorrow: AM, meeting with the septic excavator and beginning to trench, PM Porch and Garage Concrete poured, steps installed inside
Friday: Finish framing (maybe), continue to work on roof, and septic excavator work
Saturday: Roofing Party!
Tuesday: HVAC and Plumber beginning rough in
That's all for now. Hopefully, I'll get pictures up later today. It's changed already!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
I give thanks every day for this house. I have sent up many prayers throughout this whole process (many of them being, "Dear God, Make this cheaper!"). We have both wanted the same things from the start which is a very conservative house, in which we can serve God. We weren't picky about the things we didn't feel mattered much in the grand scheme of things, such as colors, finishes, the size of the house, fireplaces, building the master suite, cabinets, flooring, and other things we consider a luxury! Not to say that there hasn't been stress but I think we'll come out of this process much stronger and more knowledgeable people! One can only hope and pray!
I am usually ready for bed (at about 10:30 pm or so) and think "Oh no, I forgot to post the pictures," so I will run down to the computer and do it then! It is really a pretty quick process.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Looking into the garage from the kitchen "door." There are lots of supports in place . . . which is a good thing!
Looking at the house from the north west side. Hopefully, backfill will be done tomorrow.
Pictures from the back of the house.
From the south west side of the house. The workers are waiting for the plywood to arrive!
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Looking into the kitchen. Cabinets will go along both walls.
The kitchen window. Our sink will be below it!
Looking into the basement. No stairs yet. We used a ladder to get down there. You can sort of see what Andrew cut today if you look at the line in the concrete.
The view out of our bedroom window (for now, we may move upstairs once we finish that).
A picture of the whole first floor framed. It is amazing how much different it will look by next weekend, when Andrew will probably be working on the shingles.
Friday, September 29, 2006
A rainbow we saw out by our house one day. Andrew says it's a sign that God will not destroy our house with water . . . high winds or a tornado maybe, but we're safe from the water.
The framers beginning to lay the sub floor. This was taken on 9/28/06 at about 1:30 pm. They work so fast that it makes my head spin!
This was taken about 12:00 pm on 9/29/06. The ground is still too muddy to get close to the house, without the proper shoes.
Taken this evening 9/29/06 (by Andrew, I was at my jewelry party). I can't believe how fast it is going. They are ready to set the trusses tomorrow. You can see them laying on the ground in this picture.
Andrew's dad admiring the framing this evening.