Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Happenings and Inspections

We had an action packed weekend. On Friday night, we joined several other "young married" couples (we're the longest married) :( from Grace Chapel for a Christmas party. It was so much fun, despite the fact that we played a pretty intense getting-to-know-you game that asked some personal questions! I then woke up on Saturday with a bit of a sore throat. I went on to help clean the Monroe church anyway. I then helped Andrew finish up some of the electrical stuff at our house. I'm getting quite helpful in my ability to connect grounds, drill holes, and help run wire. I just wish I had learned all of this earlier in this process! Then on Sunday, I taught two hours of Sunday school in the morning. I still wasn't feeling the best, so I hope that it was good. I was pretty foggy, so I'm not sure how it went. Then in the late afternoon, I headed down to Fairfield to watch one of my students in a Christmas play at her church. She played the part of Mary and had several solos. She did such a good job singing. I wasn't able to stick around to talk to her afterwards because our family headed over to watch Wayne and Susan's church choir in their Christmas program later in the evening.

I debated whether to go to work today. Not because I feel that sick, just a stuffy nose, and a sore throat (which I suspect is just a product of bad allergies) but I have four sick days yet and there wasn't much going on today. In the end, I decided to come anyway. I'm going to have to cancel a few of my lessons tonight, due to the fact I can't really sing with my nose so plugged! Oh well. I'm just thankful that I don't feel that sick.

We are having another electrical inspection today. If we pass, which I think we will, then I can call in for a framing inspection tomorrow, if we pass that, then we can have the insulation installed on Wednesday, and after that is done the drywall can be hung! We can really move if we pass these two inspections! I'll let you know!

No comments: