Tuesday, December 19, 2006

On Pins and Needles!

We ended up having to dig up two corners of our backfill so the inspector could look at our foundation. He discovered that we were missing straw in our backfill. I'd never heard of this before. He's still not sure whether or not he is going to make us dig up the whole foundation and backfill again with straw on top of the gravel or not ("yes, Merry Christmas to you Mr. Inspector"). He is going to try and pass our foundation "as is" through his boss tomorrow morning. I hate the waiting game. I wish I would just know what was happening. The guy is really nice, so I do trust him to do what he can to help us. Hopefully, he will get this cleared through the county for us and we'll be able to drywall later this week (maybe Thursday or Friday). We'll have a significant setback if we have to redo the backfill. I'm supposed to call and find out our verdict tomorrow morning at 8:30 am, so I'll keep you all informed.

Daily Advice: If you would like to be sane, don't build a house by YOURSELF! This is not for the faint of heart!

No comments: