Thursday, December 28, 2006
The drywall guy is going to start mudding this afternoon or tomorrow. We are waiting on the heaters at the moment. Since we don't have our HVAC unit hooked up yet (that's a different story), we have to bring in propane heaters so that the drywall mud won't crack and pull the seams apart. This process will probably take a week or two to complete. After that is dry, we will be ready to paint, and then finish trim, electrical, and flooring. We are debating how much of this we should do ourselves. We are trying to hurry, since we are paying interest only until we officially "close" on our loan, and the interest rate is pretty high.
I'll try to post Chicago, new house, and Christmas pictures on here when I find my computer and the time to do it.
Monday, December 25, 2006
Our drywall continues to progress, although they aren't working again until tomorrow. When we get back, we are looking forward to getting our garage door installed, and finishing up the decisions on our paint, as we will need to be doing that in a week or two.
That's all for now! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 22, 2006
I'm so blessed to work where I do. I not only have a positive work environment, and good benefits, but the congregation is so friendly and appreciative. Let me list for you, the gifts I've received this Christmas: a bag of cookies, a box of candy canes, a devotional book, a stationary set, a bag of chocolates, a box of ESTHER PRICE chocolates (I just ate one), a nativity wall hanging, a Santa ornament, a CD, a scripture ornament, and a very yummy pecan butter coffee cake.
Merry Christmas a little early!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? gallbladder surgery Jan of 04
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? a quilt, my earring holder, a picture, etc.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE? it's pink and razor-like
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO? I like almost anything. I usually listen to praise and worship music.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Around 6 am, I think
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? my house to be finished!
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? family and friends I've moved away from
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? I have no idea.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL? rain or my tea brewing device making Orance and Spice at work.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? not generally
11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK? only if I'm alone for a long time and awake
12. What? what..what..
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME? I'm not sure, I like lots
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? duh, red heads, of course
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT? well, since that already happened, I'd have to say Sterling Lake.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS? Tea only
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? it changes, probably sausage
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Coconut pecan pie or a warm brownie with ice cream and caramel
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD? Ha! I probably shouldn't answer this question on here. Let's just say it was someone that I live with.
20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE? sing . . . yes, speak . . . no
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX): a hockey puck
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY? Yes, I like a lot of people! My husband, family, and friends.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? Yep, my elbows. It's gross!
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? I'm not sure I have a favorite right now. Anything that fits and looks ok.
25. WHAT`S YOUR DREAM CAR? Chrysler 500 (black with tan leather interior)
27. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR DREAMS? finish my house and have a family or be in a touring singing group
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? I've always been a fan of writing notes. That way they can keep it with them. (I like getting notes too).
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:7
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? I've always wanted to see what being blonde would be like but I generally like my brunette hair.
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN? Butler County Building Department (I've got it memorized).
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? guilt or farting (at home) and way way overprotective parents (at work)
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S? yep! Canada once, and Europe twice.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Caring too much what everyone thinks about unimportant stuff (like appearance and money)
36. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE? I'd like to try several places out. Chicago, Hawaii, New Zealand, or Europe
37. FIRST JOB? babysitting
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Yes, in middle school, until my friend's mom got mad and I got chewed out. I NEVER did it again.
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY? working!
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE? tummy tuck or something done with my hips!
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY? taking a break from work
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? singing at Monroe Pres probably
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL? wouldn't make much difference to me (besides cooking).
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? a nice relaxing dinner in my new house (hopefully)
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? I've always thought I wanted four. Now that I want to adopt as well as have biological kids, I'm not sure how that will turn out.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? just my middle name, after my Grandpa
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? No.
48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE? the one with the diamonds on it!
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? last night (I think a few times).
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? If I don't write too fast.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?i really don't like lunch meat (or any other kind of processed meat). I will eat turkey but that's about it.
52. ANY BAD HABITS? My main bad habit is worry!
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF? hmm, I don't think I have any embarrassing CD's. Andrew's first CD was the bodyguard, that's sort of embarrassing.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably. It takes a while for me to form deep relationships with people, so I hope I'd stick around.
55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL? probably when I was younger
56. DO LOOKS MATTER? Generally, no. I try to keep myself presentable but not spend too much time or money dwelling on it as I think there are more important things in life.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? Oh, all sorts of immature things. Andrew usually lets me beat on him for a while and then I end up crying.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? umm, where is my first home?? Actually, my second home right now is probably my in-law's house.
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY? not strangers but if I know people I'm pretty trusting.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? any doll
61. WHAT ARE THE FIRST THREE NUMBERS IN YOUR CELL PHONE? 513
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?at times. I try to not overuse it.
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT? no..
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? loves God, emotionally stable, caring, sense of humor (a.k.a my husband)
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? Jaimer
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? nope
69. WHO IS YOUR CRUSH? Umm, I'm married.
70. WHAT`S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coconut or Toffee Chip
71. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT ON A DATE? I do believe that was last Friday night.
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS? red, pink, and black (to wear)
73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE? They were ALL removed in March
74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW? My family, good friends and Sterling co-workers
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? it would be fun but it takes a lot of time
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? preschool kiddos having play time the the gym here at the church. They are excited because today is their last day before Christmas.
77. LAST THING YOU ATE? sandwich
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jenny my sis
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?walk
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG? I Will Trust in You (Craig Aven, the Worship Leader at our church)
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE: right now it's the Butler County Building dept. Just kidding. I don't really hate much.
82. FAVORITE DRINK? Cranberry or peach tea.
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN: I have no idea.
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT? football to watch, tennis to play
85. HAIR COLOR?light brown
86. EYE COLOR? I've never really known. Depends on what I'm wearing.
87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES? only after I take my contacts out.
88. SIBLINGS? yes, a sister and a brother
89. FAVORITE MONTH? May!
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI? Yes!
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?The weather channel this morning
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Hmm, probably May 25th (our anniversary)
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? Not Applicable!
94. SUMMER OR WINTER? SUMMER!!
95. KISSES OR HUGS?both please, I prefer hugs, and lots of them!
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? relationships
97. WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Amy Doane perhaps?
98. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Jennie or Maggie! :) Althought it would be fun if they did!
99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Born O'Hurley. I wouldn't recommend it.
100. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU? Yes, my husband is. He's told me several times today!
Daily Advice: If you would like to be sane, don't build a house by YOURSELF! This is not for the faint of heart!
Monday, December 18, 2006
I was welcomed to work today by three Christmas cards, two bags of goodies, and a gift from one of my co-workers. I'm such a bum or a scrooge this year, for not doing nice things for my co-workers. I would make them some Christmas goodies, but I'm having a difficult time finding time or a kitchen!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
We've had a terrible mess with the house. First of all, the county called Andrew and our UBI office to say that we never had a foundation inspection. This is true. . . because I called the county before we backfilled and a lady there told me that "you only have to have an inspection if it's a walk-out basement." Well, now they are saying that we'll have to dig up one little corner so they can inspect it. This stinks, it really does. The inspector also found three things that he thought we should fix with the framing. Two of them don't make sense to us, so we'll need to get that figured out. This whole things just makes me dislike the government even more! Anyway, I'm sort of foggy headed right now, so I can't explain everything that we have to fix. The inspector said to go ahead and insulate but we can't get that inspected until we pass the framing inspection. So, we have insulation being installed right now, but we can't move past that until we get several things taken care of.
All for now!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
I debated whether to go to work today. Not because I feel that sick, just a stuffy nose, and a sore throat (which I suspect is just a product of bad allergies) but I have four sick days yet and there wasn't much going on today. In the end, I decided to come anyway. I'm going to have to cancel a few of my lessons tonight, due to the fact I can't really sing with my nose so plugged! Oh well. I'm just thankful that I don't feel that sick.
We are having another electrical inspection today. If we pass, which I think we will, then I can call in for a framing inspection tomorrow, if we pass that, then we can have the insulation installed on Wednesday, and after that is done the drywall can be hung! We can really move if we pass these two inspections! I'll let you know!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Top 10 Reasons I Love my Sister (and love to visit her):
10) She always comes to pick me up, even if I'm on a street corner (in downtown Chicago)!
9) We can hobble along together on the ice and not seem too weird or too old.
8) She made me some yummy fondue (cheese and chocolate).
7) She lets me hang out with a group of all Psychologists, which I found wonderfully refreshing.
6) She is fascinated with my ability to do a sinus cleanse!
5) We can talk about things, like exclamation marks, for long periods of time.
4) She warns me before having to hold hands in church, after singing the Jesse Tree song.
3) She takes me to the nationally ranked, Wheaton College Cafeteria.
2) She pumped up my air mattress with a hand pump. It was funny!
1) She let me meet her date for this weekend, and didn't get mad when I remarked about how normal he was compared to her other dates (and didn't get mad when I told the date that she had broken her nose in basketball . . . . although to my defense, that was better than saying "oh my, I think I have on someone else's pants").
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Well, we have continued to postpone our electrical inspections. Andrew continues to talk to the inspector and find things to fix. I think this is just fine. The inspectors will charge per visit, so it's better to get it right first, rather than have the inspector back time and time again. I'm obviously ready to be in our new house, but I realize the benefits of being patient.
Friday, December 01, 2006
I try to hold my own life in my own hand
Frustration sets in, thought I had this
Failure is the one thing that I can’t stand
Oh, You remind me that taking care of me
Was never in my job description.
Oh, now I’m finding You want to fix it all
You’re just waiting for permission
I’m giving up, I’m letting go
Of everything that I’ve held onto
I’m giving up, I’m letting go
Of everything that I’ve let hold me
Far too long (for so long)
Lord I know I need to give
You full control
Help me give up and let go
I want to trust You with my whole heart
Not lean on what I think I understand
And even when I can’t see Jesus, help me still to believe
You’re unveiling an unfailing plan
Oh, but sometimes the old me creeps back in
Oh, and the only thing I know to do is give it all to You again
Help me give up, help me let go Help me give it all to You