Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trouble . . . not in River City but in Ohio!

Well, we waited too long to renew our car tags for the Toyota. Andrew took it in to work on Monday to get Ohio license plates when we discovered . . . we didn't have the title. I called the county in Kansas, and they said that our title was "in progress." Well, it has been "in progress" for three years now!! The lady apologized and said they would get it to us soon. So, in the mean time, we can't drive the Camry around, because it has expired tags. So, my considerate husband let me take his car to work, while he drove his parent's truck. On my way to work this morning, I was just driving along, being nice to the car, when all of a sudden, I went to press on the gas petal and it went clear to the floor with no reaction from the car. I coasted for a while and tried to figure out what to do. I pulled off into a subdivision and figured out that the car, while in drive, was only running in first gear. Well, I could manually put the car into first, second, and third, so I tried that and found it would run in third. The problem was that I couldn't get over about 25 mph without the rpm's getting too high. So, I called Andrew and then put putted my way to work. Now, I will just have to put put home tonight, too! I'm thinking the transmission went out. Ha, I'm faking you out! My husband told me that. I had no idea what was wrong with it. Anyway, I'm not sure what we'll do about cars but things could be worse. Speaking of . . .

The sweet girl, Ellie, in my Sunday school class, is having her third open heart surgery this morning at 9:00 am. They have amazing technology these days and her parents have a website where they update every so often. If you are interested in reading it and praying for her can email me at jaime_schechter@yahoo.com but I can only invite people to it through email.

No comments: