Monday, October 09, 2006

More Pictures from 10-7-06

My apologies, these are not in order. I'm having such a struggle with Blogger Beta right now that I'm just happy these will be posted at all, even if they aren't in order. Things continue to move right along with the house. The septic was mostly installed today (waiting on an inspection). The rough in plumbing and HVAC go in tomorrow. We only have two things we are dealing with right now. We are trying to find someone to finish the roofing (and save us time) for a decent price. I have a call into someone hopeful. I should know more tomorrow. And . . . our stairs are wrong. There is an extra "step" or technical term being "tread." I had the step guy out today to see what he could see. He said he'd check with the guy who built them and get back to me. They won't pass code the way they are built right now, so we are hoping that if fixed quickly and that the framers won't charge us extra to install that a second time! :0

If we find someone to do the roof for the price we want, things will continue to progress rapidly and Andrew could be installing the windows sometime soon. If we can't find anyone, Andrew will continue with the roofing project until it is complete. We think that might set us back two to three weeks. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Ok, now on to the pictures.

Nick handing Wayne a board. Nick did get on the roof but my camera battery died before that. Just wanted to make mention, since Nick witnessed me carrying packs of shingles, which are very heavy, and which Andrew said I couldn't carry! Ha! No pics of that, sorry!


Wayne, Graham, and Andrew working on the felt/tar paper on the roof.


Handy Andy
(only don't really call him Andy, he HATES it . . . I just had to rhyme in this situation)


Garage floor with freshly poured concrete. See the before pictures below.


Pouring the porch concrete!


Starting on the tar paper for the back of the house.


Starting to pour the concrete in the garage. They offered to let me help and now I wish I would have! :(
Looking into the garage before concrete. I told you these were backwards!

The excavation company starting on our septic system (which they finished today!!). The mist was neat.

No comments: