I'm sure you are all dying to find out what happened with our roofing situation, right?! :) He He! Well, I'll tell you anyway. I called a company that was recommended to me by a family member. This family member's company had stopped using this roofer because of quality issues with their work but the roofer had done a good job on their house. So, I decided to just call and see what kind of pricing we could get. We met a guy out at our house at noon and he gave us a decent price. Later, when the head dude called me, he said that there was no way they could do it for that low of price. I talked to him until I was blue in the face but he wouldn't come down (his suggested price was still very good and lower than I thought I would get). Our consultant recommended that I call the original roofing company, Nord, and see if they would come down on their price, once they heard who got the bid and how much they were charging. So, that is what I did. Nord is the company we originally wanted but were just two pricey. They had only knocked off $200 from the original price for all of Andrew's work. Let's just say after a long day of negotiations I got Nord to lower their price to match the other roofer's price! If you didn't understand any of that just know that . . . it all worked out the way we wanted it to!
Today we have HVAC and plumbers still working on roughing in pipes and duct work. The framers should be out today or tomorrow to finish framing up the mud room and laundry room. The windows are going to be delivered on Friday, so hopefully Andrew will have some time to get them put in this weekend. We don't want them to get stolen, so we are pondering tricky ways to hide them or possibly keep them in Wayne and Susan's shop for safety. We'll see what happens. Andrew should be able to begin the electric next week and the siding guy is probably going to come out in the middle of next week. Hopefully, we'll be able to seal everything up there soon. It keeps on moving quickly!