Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why do I do this?

I must make a note to myself to not blog about sleep conditions improving. Whenever I do, we have a night like last night. All in all, it could have been worse, but still. . .

She woke at 1:00 am, wasn't hungry, was wet but not dirty, and was simply restless. I tried rocking, laying her down, holding her hand, etc, but she was still restless until about 2:30 am. Yikes! Not crying (thankfully) just not sleeping either. I checked for a runny or stuffy nose (nope), fever (nope), teeth (nope). No explanation.

To be quite frank, this stresses me out. This mainly stresses me out because the buck stops with me. I'm the mom and so I'm the one who people look to to figure out what the problem is, if she's not her normal self, so when I don't have an answer (right away), I get stressed! Hopefully it was just a little awake period and not anything else. She was pretty cranky this morning but she seemed tired to me, so perhaps it was just the night that made her tired.

I'm enjoying this fun stage she's in right now, but to be honest, I'm also looking forward to when she can talk!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It is so hard when our little ones can't tell you how they are feeling. My daughter Jordan seemed to have a harder time with being restless at night. She really loved for me to hold and rock her...and I think that was mainly it for her more than anything. (and that was hard because I really needed my sleep! lol) She would do this during the night, and then rise early at like 6 am!

I'm praying for you. It does get better. As hard as it is, keep doing what you are doing, and enjoying every stage that she is in. I can tell you now Jordan is 12, and they really do grow up so so fast! =)

Hang in there...