Friday, October 24, 2008

My Goodness: Grateful Friday

I am grateful for:
  • My washer and dryer. They've worked hard for me today.
  • My husband. He works so hard and is still fun and easy going.
  • My daughter.
  • My comfortable house.
  • The geothermal in our house (thanks to Andrew).
  • Once again . . . the whole day off!
  • My job and co-workers who graciously let me have the day off! :)

Ok, I'm not terribly creative today. It's been a day full of battles and there's one raging right now! Abigail refuses to sleep at our house. It's not fun! Grr! I'm trying not to let the frustration get to me but it's kind of grabbing hold, if I'm honest.

No nap this morning, until I nursed her, then she promtly fell asleep. I battled about 50 minutes this afternoon to get her to sleep and she slept for 40 minutes. When I got her up she was cranky and unhappy (rubbing eyes, etc), so I knew it was tired. Fed her some prunes (um, she LOVES them, so we may be in TROUBLE this weekend), and am working on another nap. When I rock her, she is almost asleep instantly but when I lay her down, she's up again. Grr . . .again!

Ok, I'm off to lay her down. I guess I can keep folding and putting away laundry during this whole process. Perhaps we'll just take a break from all of this utter madness in a while, if she doesn't fall asleep and go visit people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how that goes trying to get your baby to sleep!! I'm Jenny's sister-in-law, Emily, and I've been having trouble getting my little one, Benjamin to sleep in the afternoon too. You're not alone....

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement! We're trying to be consistent with naps but it doesn't seem to work. It's nice to know I'm not alone!