Monday, October 27, 2008

Political Confusion

No, this isn't about who you should vote for. This is a rant that most people don't know what is going on when it comes to voting. See, I work at a polling location. 364 days a year, it is a church, but that one (possibly two) days a year, we have people that come in to vote. I have nothing to do with any of it, except that I open the door for the guys bringing in the polling equipment, and on voting day, I stay huddled in my office, only to be bombarded with people needing things (usually easy things like pen and paper). However, before election days starts, I always seem to get those lost people calling and asking ME for an absentee ballot. Yes . . . umm, please call your county courthouse. I have nothing to do with elections, even on election day, except that my office happens to be in the same building that you vote!!

----------------------

We had a grand weekend. We got a lot done, including almost every stitch of laundry in the house. Naps didn't go so grand, however. Abigail's last nap of the weekend was on daddy's lap at 5:30 pm last night. Not good! She was up until 8 pm and was restless in bed until about 9:30 pm. She has also been an eating machine. She probably ate a three-ice-cube size helping of peas, and a one-ice-cub size helping of sweet potatoes last night. She still woke at 3 am to nurse. I keep wondering when her magical age of sleeping through the night will be! She definitely does it more often but it's not consistent. She did act like she would have eaten MORE last night, so we just need to feed her until she's full. I spent a lot of time making baby food this weekend. I'm having to work hard to keep up with her!

No comments: