Monday, October 20, 2008

My Sniffer is Broken

Abigail usually has dirty diapers in sputs. For example, she will have four in one day and then go four or five days without pooping. This usually means that I don't change many poopy diapers as they happen while I'm at work. So on Sunday morning, I was surprised to find a dirty diaper while dressing Abigail for church. Got her cleaned up and off we went. She was in the nursery with Andrew first hour while I taught Sunday school (a whole other post has to be dedicated to the horrificness that was my classroom on Sunday! Ugh!) and then she napped a bit during second service and got another diaper change, just wet.

At Andrew's grandma's for lunch yesterday, she fell asleep in her seat (while Andrew rocked her) and when she woke up it was time to feed her again. I carried her all the way upstairs, nursed, brought her down to play with another sweet baby that was visiting. When I set her down, I saw a speck of something on the floor next to her so I picked it up. Poop! I instantly thought that the dog had brought it into the house (I'm not sure how dumb I can be!) and so I threw it away and washed my hands. In the meanwhile, Andrew's aunt was playing with Abigail and said, "someone's poopy." My poor darling child, had a blowout the size of Texas. It was all up her back, on her pants and on her shirt and I can almost guarantee she pooped during her nap. It definitely brings to light that my sniffer is broken, since I held her close and probably patted that poor poopy butt during her nursing session.

I need to get that fixed soon! :)

---------------------------

In other news, of course, you all know I'm going to talk about sleeping! Last night she was tired out after a long weekend, so we put her to bed pretty early. She fell asleep at 7:15 pm but woke again, as I was in bed going to sleep around 10:30 pm. After letting her fuss for a little while (10 minutes or so), I went in and checked her diaper (gun shy now, you know), made sure she was comfortable, and laid her back down with a pacifier. She fussed a little when I left but fell back asleep and slept until I woke her up at 7:00 am!!! Seriously, the girl went over 12 hours without eating, and with sleeping most of it. So, it can be done. She can sleep through the night without eating. Can I say it again? Figuring out babies is difficult!

2 comments:

annaO said...

Jamie--

I was reading my friend Ginger's blog and saw that you had commented on it. How do you know Ginger?

Unknown said...

I know Ginger through Joe. He went to Sterling College with us and was good friends with Andrew and in lots of my classes! I believe he lived on Andrew's wing for most of our four years there. I met Ginger a few times she was visiting and then at their wedding. I don't know her all that well, only through Joe.