Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Prayers Together!

After about a week of horrible sleep at our house, Abigail slept from 8 pm until 6:30 am last night. We video conferenced with my parents last night so Abigail could see her grandparents and my mom gave me the advice to add in to our bedtime routine, a prayer with Abigail each night. We've been doing lots of reading in the evening (her Bible story book a lot of times) but we haven't prayed (to clarify, I HAVE prayed for her, just not with her). So last night I prayed with my daughter that she would be freed of any teething or gas pain that she might be experiencing so she could sleep better.

She cried a bit going down but I was actually able to settle her down without staying and holding her hand (which is simply amazing) and she was asleep by 8 pm.

Thanks for the good advice, Mom. I'm not saying that you can pray each night and your child will sleep but last night God answered my prayer within my timing expectations and I am thankful for that!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank you for this reminder...

I'd pray with our children at night when they were much younger, but have gotten away from this for some reason. (guess the chaos of our past 5 yrs)

We do pray during the day when we have Bible study together...but there is some special about that quiet time at night, and sharing and praying together.

Thanks to your mom, and to you for sharing!

Emily Wallace said...

That is so great! Thanks for the encouraging post.