Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Muddy News!

I have started about four posts today but I can't seem to collect my thoughts to finish them. Perhaps my mind is still in a fog because we're still having sleeping issues at our house. Will it never end?! So that's the title of my post. These will be random and might not make much sense, since my mind feels rather muddy today.

Since we've let her cry-it-out (with checks) she goes down so much easier. However, lately she has been waking up at 10:30 pm or so. Most nights she goes in there with only one check-up. One of us lays her down and she's out. Not last night! We let her cry and did our checks for about 45 minutes before she fell asleep. Then she woke again at 11:30 pm. Since I had already been asleep, I tried feeding her. She acted hungry and got pretty angry when I offered the pacifier. I had assumed that all six of her teeth were in but this is the same way she acted when the other top teeth were coming through so I think the one just right of center is still working it's way down (her right). Then she slept the rest of the night! I hope this pattern eases off soon. It's just hard on us if we haven't been asleep yet because it can take her a while to go back to sleep with our method.

I'm sure that's what you wanted to read again . . . sleep issues but when that's the trouble, it's really hard on the parents!

Abigail did stand for us last night. She pulled herself up using the wall for support and then practiced letting go for a few seconds. She did this at the babysitters weeks ago but hasn't done it since. We think perhaps she was so engrossed with her toy there that she didn't realize what she was doing!

I believe my Friday this week will be filled with either getting my car serviced and/or getting my Ohio drivers license. Oops! I've technically been a resident for three years. I tried going on Saturday but the place was packed and I didn't have Abigail with me, so I had a limited amount of time to spend there. I need to be studying!

I promise more interesting stories and pictures soon. I haven't forgotten about the promised Hawaii post (talk about procrastination) or a post about my sister's wedding. They're still in the works!

No comments: