Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On Being Accidentally Fashionable!

Many of you know my views on fashion. While I like looking fashionable, I'd rather be debt free and have money to get things for my daughter. So, I made a decision in May to not purchase any new (used is ok) clothes for one year (with the exception of underwear - standards people). I also do my best not to spend much money on beauty items.



I will get my hair cut once every few months and buy a dab of make-up but I just don't do much else. So, I was pleased to read this article today on natural nails being "in". I keep my toes nice and pedicured (at home, no $40 pedicures for me) but my nails just get cut when they get dangerously long. I used to paint them and I'm not against any of it. I just don't have time or money right now. Plus with caring for a baby constantly, and washing dishes, they wouldn't last long. Ok, here's the article.



http://www.chic-critique.com/2008/10/natural-is-beau.html



See, I am being fashionable with my healthy natural nails and I didn't even know it.

--------------------------

We had a fun birthday dinner for Andrew last night and the burritos were close to Chipotle, if I do say so myself. The tortillas weren't the same but they were big anyway. As I came downstairs this morning to leave for work, I spied the unfortunate bag of peanut butter cookies and pan of brownies that was left at our house by the grandparents. Hmm, and I'll be home on Friday to eat them. Not good!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL, I was cracking up when you said, "dangerously long"....hehehe...I can so relate.

I too have thought so much about not buying extra fluffer stuff. When I got my hair cut short, it had been quite a long time b/4...as you could prly tell from how long it was.

Also, I've been going without make up these days. It has been just fine too. ;) Personally, I'm learning some humility in a lot of areas of my life. That is a good thing for me.

Thank you for sharing and YUM!!! I so love Mexican food...and chocolate too! I could eat a whole pan of brownies...NOT good for someone like me...lol

Blessings, jenn

Arielle said...

So, do you need me to come get a cookie? You know so that you don't have too many to eat alone on Friday? WAIT! You won't be home on Friday!!!