Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reading!

I love to read. I always have. Many times on our chore list growing up, my sister's would have reading on hers and I would not. It's because I loved it so much that no one had to encourage me to do it. The love still continues today. I mainly enjoy reading fiction, although I will be working my way through a non-fiction most of the time. That's just not the book I bring in the tub with me or on a trip. So, yesterday I was overjoyed to read on a blog about a great website called: www.goodreads.com.

It is a place where you can keep track of books you have read, you are currently reading, and books-to-read. I am absolutely in love with this website. I have a terrible memory when it comes to if I have read a book or not, so this is the perfect solution. Also, there are many days that I spend time searching for the next good page-turner. This website gives suggestions, has reviews, etc. So sign up on the website and add me as your friend so we can share suggestions and see each others lists. Yeah!

I also have a slight problem with buying books. I'm trying to stop this and just use my local library more (must pay my fines still - from when Abigail was born). The problem is not that I don't read the books, it's just that I buy the books much faster than I read. I don't usually buy fiction books, unless it's really good or want to read it to my kids someday, because I rarely reread these, unless they are classics. So, I am primarily buying non-fiction books. These take me a long time to read through because I do it in conjunction with the fiction.

I'm beginning to get carried away with buying children's books. I know we have enough board books and should save up for some of the classics that I'll want to read her when she's older.

I have been reading to Abigail every night for over a month now and she loves it. Right now her favorite thing to do is to turn the page, so we're only reading board books! :) I just let the page flop out there and her chubby little hand grabs it and "turns it". It's amusing and she loves it. I am so glad I can share my love of reading with her.

----------------------

Other news: I was casually surfing the Internet last night after cleaning up from supper and before Dancing with the Stars was on. I happened upon the Point of Grace website and was shocked to learn that my favorite singer of the group, Heather, has left! I don't follow them (hardly at all) as much as I used to but still shocking. In my humble vocal opinion, she was the strongest singer of the group . . . the powerhouse soprano, if you will, so it will be interesting to hear what they sound like now. I also understand her reasons for quitting (she has 4 kids!!).

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hey! That site is really addicting. I can't figure out how to add friends who aren't in my email address book or else I'd add you. My email is kaylacamp@gmail.com if you can figure it out!