Thursday, October 23, 2008

Twittering and Winter's Here!

If you haven't read my last post, please do. Go to www.goodreads.com and add me as a friend. I'm addicted to that site now. I am so glad I can mark books when I read them now and I already have a huge list of books that I want to read. I can't wait for a trip to the Library!

I am debating with myself if I should twitter or not. If you don't know what that is go here. It's pretty much mini-blogging. I'm signed up but I haven't really figured out the ins and outs of it all yet. Do I really want one more thing to do? Hmm, I've heard it is so much fun. We'll see.

This cold snap hit us so quickly that I'm a bit unprepared in the clothing department. Each morning I have a dilemma as I stand by Abigail's closet . . . finding warm clothes. She had so many 6 month clothes (primarily because of Hawaii) that I could go two and sometimes three weeks without doing her laundry and she'd still have cute things to wear. Right now, she only has a few pair of pants, one long sleeved onesie, a jacket, and a few pair of jeans to wear in the chilly mornings! The jacket I put on her this morning (out of desperation) as a 0-3 month size! :) It fit but the sleeves were more like 3/4 length! Last winter this wasn't as much of an issue, as she was tiny and we carried her everywhere in her car seat with the Bundle Me on it. I don't carry her in the seat anymore, unless there is no other option!

We're going to have to go shopping this weekend and get Abigail some warm clothes! I bought some fleece PJ's a few weeks ago from Once Upon a Child so she seems comfy at night. Since we'll be at Walmart anyway with the car, that will probably be our shopping of choice this weekend. I've never been impressed with their infant clothes selection but perhaps we'll find a few things to tide us over for a few more weeks.

I also am having a similar issue with my clothes. I am having vague memories of all these sweaters and other shirts that I had but they are no where to be found. See, last winter I only wore maternity clothes. It worked out perfectly, actually. I only needed to start wearing these in September, so I didn't have to buy any summery maternity clothes. This, however, means it has been two years since wearing any of my sweaters or other winter clothes. Where could they be?

No comments: