Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend Recap

Abigail is sleeping better but we're still not back where we should be. On Saturday night, we had to let her cry when she woke up at 11:00 pm. I couldn't do it, so I went downstairs and let Andrew do his thing. She finally fell asleep around 12:15 am. She only woke once last night. I'm still VERY tired this morning! I'm pretty sure some of her night waking can be attributed to . . .

Teeth! She has two new teeth on the top. Very strange actually. One is the front tooth (which we call a bucky tooth) and then a side tooth also came in. Her other front tooth is almost in as well, so I think that's giving her a little pain and trouble. It also looks like she's working on the other side top tooth as well. So, she'll have six teeth when these all come through! That's a lot. I'm glad she is getting so many over with at once. That's good! I'm not always sure what's going on in her mouth because I try to keep my hands out of there unless they are ultra clean! Another theory about sleeping issues is . . .

My milk supply! Ugh! It's low, I'm pretty sure. I pumped after every feeding this weekend, except one on Saturday, and one on Sunday (due to the fact that I didn't pump in church). I only got about 2 ounces per pump. I used to be able to pump 5 to 7 ounces, so this is weird. I'm making a few changes in my routine to try and help. 1) I'm eating Oatmeal regularly. This is supposedly something that will help to increase the milk supply, 2) I'm drinking the breastfeeding tea (yuck, it's gross), 3) I will be pumping every weekend, all weekend long, 4) it will help to have Fridays off when I can nurse and pump. I hope these things help! We're living on the edge. I think there are only 4 or 5 bags of frozen left so if I get terribly behind, that could only last two or three weeks!

In other weekend news, I got a lot accomplished the weekend . . . and it felt great! On Saturday, I cooked! It really is one of my favorite things to do. I made corn chowder from scratch and it felt so good to cook and eat something yummy. I made enough for leftovers and it's frozen for later. I also vacuumed upstairs. It needed it . . . badly! I also painted 1/2 of the front porch. It's been half painted since we moved in and we decided that it should be done before winter this year. The part that I have finished looks so good. I can't wait to finish the rest of it. The weather has been great! My favorite part about these little home improvement projects is that they are free! :) We already had the porch paint, I just had to use it. It is a much needed improvement and it didn't cost us anything!

That's all for now folks. We took a few crawling pictures this weekend so I'll try to post those if I get a chance.

No comments: