Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Payback (not really) . . .

So Abigail has had this cough and slightly runny nose for a few days. In hasn't been too bad. In fact, she hasn't gotten up at night at all. Well, last night I was up at 4:30 am to use the bathroom (as I do several times a night now) and I heard her coughing, hacking actually. I looked at the video monitor and saw that she was sound asleep, coughing in her sleep.

I couldn't really decide what to do. Obviously, it wasn't bothering her sleep but I wanted her to have a restful sleep so I went ahead and went into her room and woke her up in the middle of the night . . . for the first time ever.

She kind of looked at me like "What are you doing here, Mama?" but was glad to see me. After a little vicks and some water, her cough calmed down considerably and I enjoyed 5 or 10 minutes of delicious snuggle time with my girl at 4:45 am. She didn't want me to leave and got a pouty lip but went back to sleep quickly, once I left.

She has been such a tremendous sleeper that I hope I didn't ruin anything. I hope she doesn't realize that, "Oh, my mom will come in here and see me at night" because we'll have to break that pretty fast.

No comments: