Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to the real world

I'm back at work today after a lovely weekend with my family and Abigail is back at daycare. Nothing like a little cough and runny nose to welcome the week in (Abigail, not me). She doesn't seem bad but was coughing her head off on the way to daycare today. Her temp was 98.2 so I went ahead and took her. I called at lunch and she just seems to have an occasional cough (maybe breakfast helped). Let's pray it stays a minor illness!

I ran some errands at lunch today. Dewey needs a new setup at our house and so I got him a "dog house" (plastic igloo thingy) a stake and a tie out leash. I hope it works for him because I spent plenty of money on it!

I also stopped by the a used children's store. I found a neutral colored boppy bouncy chair for $20 and I'm thrilled with that. I also talked to our daycare provider right before going in there and found out that Abigail had another "poop incident" today. I apologize to my daughter in advance, who will someday read this, but taking your poop out of your diaper is just gross and wrong. We're not sure how to break Abigail of this habit, so I bought some used Capri's and pants and she'll just have to wear onesies and pants until she can get over this "complusion". She already wears those to bed but usually isn't as bad during the day.

I also had some insomnia last night. I woke up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and I laid there awake until at least 4:30 am when I finally fell asleep again. I have no idea why. Weird.

That's all for now. I'm ready for a very quiet and uneventful week.

No comments: