Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's for dinner tonight?

Thanks for the comments on my hair. I will try to post a picture tonight. I have to have one taken of me first! I have a few from Christmas but I don't think I had my hair done, so they don't count!

I have really struggled with what to fix for suppers and getting lunches made since Abigail has been born. I used to make a meal plan and grocery shop once a week. It was a breeze. Now I come home and scramble for what to make. Not fun or easy! One of my new goals is to make a meal plan. If I do this, then I know I will have sufficient ingredients, will cut back on wasted food and save money, have leftovers for lunch, and have things to make Andrew's lunch (he doesn't like leftovers). Must do this!

I have been trying to make most of our food from scratch. I have always loved to cook but with my busy life, I tend to turn to convenience food (sometimes junk) before making things from scratch. I am excited to say that I have been doing pretty well with this.

Believe it or not, I actually soaked beans overnight, and in my crockpot at home sits simmering a lovely 16 bean soup for supper. I also made another package of beans from scratch a few months ago. . . not canned! It's really pretty easy, cheaper, and more nutritious than the canned beans. I have several other things mentally planned to do with my crockpot. If things turn out well, perhaps I'll post some recipes on here.

I'll tell you how the soup turns out!

No comments: