Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting Ahead? Is it possible?

I feel like I struggle to "get ahead" every day. I was feeling pretty good this morning. I had cooked a nice meal last night, cleaned up the kitchen, had the laundry mostly done and put away, exercised (whoo hoo!), and gotten to bed at a decent hour. This morning I even managed to get up before Andrew (it was 6:10 am but I'm making progress) and made our lunches (which he forgot, but that's beside the point), and made us both breakfast. Doing stuff like that makes me feel like I'm actually getting somewhere then . . .

I walk into our office. There are papers thrown everywhere, things are so disorganized, and I can't find anything I'm looking for. No, the child has not made a mess in there, it is from me and Andrew. I started to work on it this past weekend but got a little disheartened when I realized how long it was going to take me!

Andrew is, in no way shape or form, a cleaner. He does help out around the house but would never dream that the counters needed to be wiped off, the microwave cleaned, the sheets changed, the bath scrubbed, etc. He will do the dishes when they pile up so high that you can't get to the sink! I attribute all of this to the fact that we are generally opposites. He's not lazy, he's just a big picture kind of guy. I'm into the details and usually can't see beyond what's right in front of me.

My point here is the office is his domain. There are pieces of equipment in there that I couldn't tell you what it was to save my life. I NEED his help to clean it. It's hard to clean and organize things that you have no idea what they are.

Anyway, I'm getting a little off topic. Does anyone else feel like they never can get ahead? I'm mainly thinking of cleaning at the moment!

In other news: the main reason why I don't have a lot of time left for cleaning is that I spend the majority of my evenings making baby food. Our daughter is eating us out of house and home. Seriously, she consumes like 8 cubes of food per day. I recently got a new baby food cook book (or two) thanks to the recommendation of Amanda. I'm SO excited to try some of these. Most of them use ingredients (carrots, peas, or sweet potatoes) that Abigail already likes but it mixes in other foods. I can't wait to try them.

1 comment:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

i feel your pain.

i spent all morning cleaning the house, then during "naptime" the girls destroyed their room.
grrrrrrrrr i was sooo frustrated!

especially the laundry. i cannot keep up with the laundry!

if you figure this out, be sure to let me know!