Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A week of Thankfulness- Thursday (Thanksgiving)

When I first started this, I couldn't imagine filling all these days up with things, but the more I'm thankful for, the more I'm reminded of everything I have to be thankful for. I'd love to hear from more of you . . . for what you are thankful for.

Here is my Thanksgiving Day list:


  • I'm thankful for enough (more than enough) food to eat today and a loving family to share it with.
  • I'm thankful for my dad and brother. I was taking a bath this morning and heard the sounds of people hunting behind our house and was reminded of them. I'm thankful for their convictions and for the example of hardworking men that they are.
  • I'm thankful for my grandparents. They are givers, pure and simple, and have set a wonderful example for me to follow.
  • I'm thankful for my husband and daughter. My husband has been helping me all morning with stuff and my daughter went down as easy as could be for her nap.
  • I'm thankful for the memories that came to me this morning. . . of large Walter family gatherings and the fun that we had getting together with extended family. I have such fond memories of going to (invading) my Great Aunt and Uncle's house in Hutchinson, playing with their pin-ball machine, playing in their leaf pile, watching football, torturing all the nice relatives, who would sit and listen, with our musical selections! :) Ha!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: