Monday, November 24, 2008

A Week of Thankfulness

It is no secret that Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday. I'm just not a fan of cold weather, winter, and everything that entails and Thanksgiving falls during that season. I do like Christmas because of family get-togethers and the fact that the holiday is celebrating the birth of my Savior.

This year, I have decided to try to help myself get into the Thanksgiving spirit by hosting a whole week of Thankfulness on my blog. I want to encourage everyone who reads this (not just the regular commenters, although I want them to join in as well) to post a comment at some point during the week, to share what you are thankful for. This will help me! :) So, I'll start my list and continue it throughout the week. I'll probably mix in a few other posts as well.

Today (November 24) I am thankful for:
  • My in-law's who are lovingly taking care of Abigail right now. My mother-in-law willingly changed Abigail's poopy diaper yesterday at lunch. Ah, we love grandparents! :)
  • Abigail has been sleeping through the night all week long (like 7 days straight)! I'm not taking any night for granted and am celebrating every single one of them.
  • My job. They are so flexible, fun, loving, and enjoyable to be around. It's a busy season right now but I enjoy getting things ready for people . . . to help them worship on Sunday morning.
  • Good books.
  • Watching 24 with my husband last night. It was tense but fun!
What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will join in the Thanks-giving!
I am thankful for...
* My wonderful husband Doug. He is a great husband and father to our 4 kids. He is an honorable and Christ following man whose character I've never had to question.
* My 4 beautiful and healthy kiddos
* My source of income as a childcare provider.
* My parents that I babysit for. I could not have found a better group of employers. They are easy to get along with. They trust me with their little ones. They are understanding and willing to work with me when special situations arise. And they go out of their way to do special things for me.
* My church

Thanks Jaime for the encouragement to look at the things we are thankful for. I will add some more tomorrow.
Aunt Cindy

Sam said...

As much as I complain about it, I'm thankful to have a job in this uncertain economy. My firm laid off 20 or so people a few months ago and I fortunately made the cut.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for
-My hard-working husband who works day and night.
-Good friends who we can get together with after years and still enjoy each other and catching up with each other's lives.
-A wonderful loving family.