Friday, November 07, 2008

Grateful Friday and Other Updates

I'm grateful for:
  • Abigail sleeping 12+ hours last night (straight through). She's still sleeping.
  • Getting to be home with her today!
  • Andrew staying home with Abigail yesterday so I could finish things at work.
  • This weather. It's been beautiful.
  • The upcoming weekend!
  • The elections are over; no more ads, phone calls, etc. Yuck!

Abigail seems to be improving. She had a bit of a cough last night, so I assumed we'd be in for a long night together. I stayed home with her while Andrew went to our small group. He was leading, so he had to. She fell asleep at 6:30 pm and I straightened up, ate supper, and headed to bed myself. I read until 8:30 pm, then turned out the light. I must have fallen asleep quickly. I did wake up when Andrew got home (mainly because he kept talking and talking to me!) but slept the rest of the night. Yeah!

Andrew and I both have sniffly noses. I think his is a tad worse than mine. It doesn't seem to be getting very bad, however. I have been taking mega doses of vitamin c and some zinc, so hopefully that will hold this at bay.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I heard echinacea is a good immune system booster as well. (Maybe I have said this before.) I usually take lots of it and Vitamin C and it lessens the time I'm sick. Anyway, I'm glad Abigail got so much sleep! That should help her get over whatever she has.

Jennifer said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!! Anna used to be such a good sleeper. She would always sleep at least 12 hrs., if not 14! At least that's how long she stayed in her crib--I used to get to sleep in until 10 and then I would wake up and hear her in there playing away. Jacob soaks through EVEYRthing (blankets, even matress pad!) by 6am. I don't know what to do about that.
I hope you all get to feeling better. Jacob & I are stuffy too, but I think his is teething and mine is allergies.