Wednesday, November 05, 2008

These Six Weeks - Not my Favorite

These six weeks, the ones that follow daylight savings time, and head towards the shortest day of the year (Dec 21, I think) are some of my least favorite of the year. I like sunlight and I like warmth and both of these things seem to be lacking during this period. After the 21st hits, the days gradually start getting warmer and "hello" it's Christmas time again! Yeah!

**These posts are on auto-post. I'm writing a few in one day to give myself a few days to sit back and collect my thoughts, to work on discipline, and to get my house/life in a bit more order (ha!).**

2 comments:

Arielle said...

More power to you on the time to reorganize your life! I almost stopped by the church yesterday. You were thought of with fondness as we passed by. Is it a polling place?

Boy, it takes me 2 full weeks to adjust to time changes. This one is easier, but I stayed up till 1AM (that's still 2AM for ME!) to watch McCain's and then Obama's speech. I struggled to stay awake, but am always impressed with his speaking ability. What a celebration last night!

Were you up as well?

ginabnina said...

I'm not particular fond of the time change and the shrinking hours of daylight either. However, Lily's gone to bed at 7:30 the past few nights and that's been wonderful!!