Monday, December 01, 2008

Gratefulness and Updates

Wow! I didn't mean to miss grateful Friday or to miss telling you about our Thanksgiving. Time got away from me since we had a little break from work. Ok, here is my grateful Friday list:

  • I am grateful for a wonderful Thanksgiving (two celebrations) with family.
  • I am grateful for my husband who has to put up with me daily, and does it with such graciousness! :)
  • I am grateful for my daughter who is learning and growing and amazing us every day (and is also sleeping well!).
  • I am grateful for blogging. I have met wonderful friends this way and have been blessed to read some great blogs! :) (see my list to the right if you want to read them too!)
  • I am grateful that we got our Christmas decorations up yesterday and that Abigail hasn't paid any attention to the beautiful glittering tree in our family room. :)
  • I am grateful that it is Christmas season, a wonderful time of the year to be refreshed, grow spiritually, connect with family, and to celebrate the greatest Gift ever!
  • I am grateful for the cold, snowy, nasty weather, because it makes me appreciate the warm spring and summer days all the more.
We had a wonderful break. It went by way too quickly. We were busy with family gatherings, and preparing for those, but it was good to get together with family and reconnect in that way.

I hope that I am not jinxing things but Abigail has turned into the most wonderful sleeper lately. I guess she just had to hit that magical "age" or our "training" has finally paid off. She has slept through the night, all nights, but one, in the last three weeks! I'm spoiled! :) Not only that, but she goes to sleep on her own. We just put her in her crib and she falls asleep. She doesn't always fall asleep right away, but it is very rare that we have to go back upstairs to help her out. She usually will sit up for a while, grab a pacifier, and then lay down and go to sleep. The most amazing thing is that she has been doing this for naps too! :) I cannot tell you the freedom that this has given me. I finally feel like everything is not a struggle anymore! :) I know there will be set-backs and times of sickness that she will wake up and need us, but at least it's not a daily battle at this point. I AM THANKFUL!!!! Last night she slept from 6:30 pm to 7:10 am, without a peep! :)

Well, I have more ideas of things to write about, but I'll save them for another day. Have a happy Monday!

No comments: