Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 in Review

What a year! I know it is a bit early for a year-end blog but I may not get a chance before 2009 rolls around so I decided to write this tonight.


January: This was a month of waiting and working. I did a lot of waiting for Abigail to arrive and working when I suppose I should have been resting. Here is a picture at 35 weeks and about to pop!








February: The bundle of joy arrives on February 2 and our lives were forever changed. I became a natural birthing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering (which we dropped later), natural health-minded momma. We enjoyed a visit from my family to welcome Abigail.









March: I was still on maternity leave and enjoyed a visit from my grandparents.







April: I returned to work and had to leave my baby. She grew by leaps and bounds. Here she is in April being read to by Daddy. Also, my brother graduated from Sterling College.









May: My cousin, Laura, got married on my birthday. Andrew and I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss! Abigail learned to roll over at the end of this month. (sorry, these pictures are at work. Oops!) My sister graduated from Wheaton College with her doctorate.












June: More working and in the middle of the month we took a trip to Hocking Hills for a Schechter family reunion. (Photo: Second cousins, and Abigail with Aunt Cindy.) Andrew started his new job at GBBN.









July: The long-awaited trip to Hawaii happened. We had so much fun on the trip but I learned a few things. First of all, I will never travel over so many time zones with a baby again, for as long as I live (unless it's an emergency or something). It was hard but well worth the trek.







August: Spent the first few days of August still in Hawaii. Upon returning home, we spent several weeks getting our systems and routine back to normal. Abigail has learned to sit up pretty steadily by this point.







September: My sister and Luke got married! Abigail starts crawling on September 14th. (sorry, these pictures aren't digital and I don't have the time to scan and upload right now!)







October: Andrew celebrated his 27th birthday. Abigail starts to pull up in her crib and on the coffee table!








November: Fairly uneventful. I enjoyed Thanksgiving and hosted a week of Thankfulness on my blog. The picture below (of the tree) is of weird people who like to climb trees on Thanksgiving.








December: Abigail starts to walk! We are looking forward to her first Christmas in a few short days! This picture was taken by Daddy on 12/21/08. Tonight she walked all the way from the living room to the kitchen.









I cannot believe so much has happened in one year. Whew! It makes me tired just to think about it all. I am so unbelievably blessed!



(sorry that I couldn't get some pictures uploaded and that the format looks weird. Blogger is being kind of stinky tonight.)

1 comment:

Dancinbackwards said...

Abigail is just adorable!!!!!!!

Sounds like you've had a pretty GREAT year! Weddings, and babies... I hope next year is just as joyful for you!