Monday, December 29, 2008

What a holiday!

Wow. I have not written on here in a while. We have had quite a holiday. Our trip out here was quite an adventure with ice and traffic and our trip back has yet to begin. Our whole family has been attacked (yes attacked) with a nasty case of the stomach bug so we still haven't left for home yet. We're planning to leave in the next few hours. It all started on Saturday night with Abigail throwing up, then me, then Andrew. Several other family member have had it too. My Grandma actually ended up in the hospital! Pray for her!

I have never been this sick before. Anyway, I don't want to bore you (or make you sick) with the details so I'll conclude with a few things I'm thankful for.

  • My parents!! They took care of Abigail all day yesterday (besides nursing, of course) because I felt like dying rather than living. I have no idea how we would have managed with out them to help us out.
  • I am thankful that Abigail was really only sick for about two hours and then ate normally the next day.
  • I am thankful that she got sick first so I could take care of her before my turn came!

Ok, I'll write more later . . . probably when we get back to Ohio.

Have a safe and healthy New Year!

2 comments:

Dancinbackwards said...

I'm SO sorry to hear that you all got sick!!!! Thank God you are okay, I hope your grandma is doing better!

Arielle said...

Good Grief! How are you all now? Are you home yet? So sorry!!!
Um, Happy New Year anyway!!!