Wednesday, December 03, 2008

New Mobility *Updated*

First of all, let me correct a mistake in my last post. Abigail pulled out some bowls from our cabinet, not bowels. Sorry, I didn't reread it before I posted. That would be quite disgusting if she found bowels in our cabinet! :) Ha! (Thanks for pointing that out to me, Dad).

Yes, we have some new pictures. I'll try to post them tonight.

It seems to be that Abigail is just moments, hours, or days away from walking. Of course, I'm a first time mom, and don't really know what I'm doing (obvious, isn't it?!) but she sure seems close to me. She can now walk holding onto just one of our hands and has taken one step independently but didn't move her second foot, so I'm not counting it as walking. Then this morning, as I was leaving her at the babysitters, she was kind of standing and sliding those feet towards a toy she wanted. I'm very curious to see where we are at lunch time with all this mobility business.

If I could guess, my guess would be that she would be walking within a week, or at least by Christmas. We'll see. I guess she could totally fool me and not walk for months, but it seems like she's so close.

Also, I'm a bit nervous and frightened at the prospect of her walking. I doubt anything will be sacred or safe in our house now! :)

*Updated - She took two unassisted steps towards me at lunch. She was actually going for a toy that I was coaxing her with but I'd like to pretend it was me. I'm not sure if that counts as walking or not but I think we scared her with our squealing after she did the two steps! :) *

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking for MONTHS that Jacob is so close to walking. It wasn't until the beginning of the month that he actually walked. And now he rarely does it. He'd prefer to crawl. Which is all good at home but I'm getting kinda tired of luggin' his 28lbs. of chub back and forth, in and out!!! I hope Abigail walks very soon for you (it's a whole new adventure and makes them even less baby-ish, but it's fun).