Tuesday, December 02, 2008

10 months old

Dearest Little Abigail,

Happy 10-month birthday. You are such a fun age! You are so interactive. We love that you will respond when we "talk" to you. I will say things like, "Say, 'Momma'". And your sweet little voice instantly says "Dada". So cute! I love hearing you babble and enjoy every new sound you learn to make.

You are beginning to return our love with your little "kisses" on our cheeks, although you did try to take a bite out of Momma's cheek at lunch. That's ok. I know you're teething. Your snuggles and hugs are beginning to become more consistent and we love to snuggle with you! You are a sweet heart!

Oh my darling. You have given your Momma the greatest gift recently, you have turned into a good sleeper! It has been almost 3 weeks straight of 12 hour-a-night sleep (no waking!) and Momma feels like a new woman. Because you are so wonderful, we are just now finally considering giving you a sibling, although we'll wait a bit for that.

You have also recently discovered the joy of opening cabinets! :) Last night while I cooked dinner, you pulled everything out of one bottom cabinet. Thankfully it was just paper plates, bowels, and napkins. You can keep playing in that cabinet.

You continue to be a wonderful eater. You are still slightly picky with taste and texture but you can eat a man-sized bowl of food, if you like it. You ate a helping of carrots and squash the other night that would have made me full! We're amazed. I'm having a hard time keeping enough food around for you! I made a big trip to the grocery store last night and I will have a big baby-food-making night tonight, to try and get ahead. It's ok. I like that you are into eating real food!

Happy 10-month birthday sweet girl! I can't believe how old you are. Only two more months and you'll be a year old. It is hard to believe!

Love,
Momma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Do you have any recent pictures?

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I hope that Abigail doesn't pull out any more bowels out of your cabinet. Dad

Anonymous said...

I always love reading about Abigail and the new things she's learning. But I was especially excited to read that she may have a brother or sister some day. That's great news!

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Oh, you guys know that I'm just full of hot air when I say I'm never having another kid. It's just the frustration talking!