Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do I have a blog for you!!

I came home early today to let Andrew have a chance to look at my car fan before we left to go to our Christmas party. I was inside preparing Abigail's food to take with us while Andrew worked on the car. Here is the gist of the story:

Andrew was on his back with his head under the glove compartment, working on the fan. Picture that for a moment. . . He pulled out the fan and saw that it was, once again, packed with all sorts of debris. It crossed his mind as to what the culprit what might be but he couldn't believe it. As he slowly moved the debris packed fan over his face, the culprit fell out, struck his cheek, and lay twitching next to his ear. Andrew let out a loud "yelp" and scrambled madly out the door of the car. His heart had stopped for a brief moment but he managed to escape unharmed. He then flung the twitching MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! out into the yard!!!!

Apparently, some mouse with the brains of a . . . . well, mouse, tried to make its nest, twice, in my car fan! Yes, folks! As I turned on the fan this morning, and it made a louder grinding and vibrating sound than usual, I was actually spinning a mouse in the fan. The critter, unfortunately got caught in the fan this time and did not live to see another day of making nests. Andrew had the fun job of cleaning out the debris and the blood. Ugg!

I am totally and completely creeped out, if you must know the truth. There isn't much in this world that I despise more than mice. At least the mouse fell on Andrew's cheek instead of mine, because I'd probably be in the insane asylum right now if it had been me.

Night all. Sweet dreams!

(Andrew helped me write this post, by the way).

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I hate mice as much as you do. Eww they are so disgusting. I think that just might make me demand a different car! I shouldn't have read this right before going to bed!

Anonymous said...

Ewww. The thought of Andrew tossing that mouse is hilarious. What a good man!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm a long lost cousin you probably don't even remember. Your Mom and I are first cousins and you spent many Thanksgivings at my house in Hutchinson. My mom told me about your blog and I've been reading it for a while.
I can relate to your story of the mouse. Just before I was making a trip to visit my mom with our three kids (without my hubby) we found a mouse had built a nest in our fan and I had to make the 5 hour drive, thinking it might still be IN THE CAR. I drove the whole way with my pant legs tucked into my socks, so the stupid thing couldn't run up my pants in transit. We survived and I guess he ran away.
Thanks for the story.
Kris (Walter) Wissel

Anonymous said...

Kris,I'm sure Jaime remembers you.
I enjoyed your mouse story. Is a mouse in the car worse than a mouse in the house? I'm not sure. One of my friends found one under her pillow years ago when they lived in an old house. Perhaps some of our hatred for mice is due to the startle factor. Part of me dislikes mice, but part of me feels sorry for the little critter caught in Jaime's car fan.

Your cousin,
RoAnn

Unknown said...

Of course I remember you. We had some great times at your parents house at Thanksgiving. Thanks for commenting! I really HATE mice!

Arielle said...

Nasty gross. I would have needed a shower, post haste! What a guy to take care of that for you!!!!! I always knew he was a keeper!