Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why I can't Do It!

So, I literally can't put Abigail to bed. I know this is because I have given in before and rocked her or held her hand going to sleep. The past two nights we've let her cry. In the back of my mind, I always say that if it gets bad enough I'll go in there and hold her hand but Andrew has stopped me. Last night she cried almost 2 hours (I checked on her at least every 10 or 15 minutes) and the Andrew goes in and bam . . . she goes to sleep.

The exact same thing happened tonight. She cried for maybe 15 minutes and I went in. No go. She was screaming before I left the room. Andrew went in to check on her and bam . . . asleep in 5 minutes with no more crying.

We're thinking it's either the separation anxiety thing (she's much more clingy to me) or she know that I will eventually give in and her dad won't! :)

She's a smart cookie.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now to try to beat this cold/allergies/whatever. It's pretty much on one side of my face. Weird. Night all!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's probably more the latter!! :) They are very smart, very early!

Unknown said...

That's what Andrew things too. I'm sure that's right. Very scary! :)

Arielle said...

I vote for the smart cookie thing. ;0)