Monday, September 29, 2008

For the Record

Some of what I write on here is just for my memory. I want to look back, in the event that we have another child, and say, "Oh, so this has happened before". We had a pretty bad night last night. Abigail woke for the first time at 1:15 am and had no interest in eating. I rocked her for a bit but she was restless so I laid her back down in her crib and she went to sleep. Weird. She was back up again at 3:15 am (at which, I just replaced the pacifier) and again at 3:45 am. Finally, around 4:30 am, when I hadn't slept for a while, I woke Andrew up to go see what he could do. He changed her diaper, laid her back down, and she slept until 7 am.

There is a good chance that she could be that she's catching my cold. So far, sneezing is the only indication that something may be wrong. Her nose isn't stuffy (yet). I have tried so hard to keep my germs to myself (hand washing ALL THE TIME) but I suppose sharing my milk with her would lead to some sort of exchange of germs too. Hopefully, if she is getting it, it will be as mild as mine or milder since she should have antibodies from the milk. I'm beginning to think that's a myth! :)

It also could be that she just wanted mommy (doubtful but possible).

She's also cutting teeth. For the record, she has one top tooth in and it looks like she's working on a few more. Is that possible? I know one more for sure but there are others that look ready to drop in.

She tried peas this weekend and seems to really enjoy them. She kept eating until the bowl was empty. That's good! So far we haven't found too many foods that she really excited about. I still am going to have her try peaches and green beans and then I'll start mixing and matching a bit since we will have tested food allergies on lots of food. I tried giving her store bought carrots (baby food) last night and she did not like it! She does like carrots so I guess only homemade will do. They are easy to make so I don't mind.

I have learned my lesson with making baby food and just need to make it in bigger batches. I thought I was making TONS of peas but it only filled up one ice cube tray. I just need to do more at once.

I'm tired so that's all for now.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I admire you for making your own baby food. My friend back home would spend a Sat, making it and yes it does take a LOT of vegetables. =)

Teething can bring on those cold like symptom, you know...

I hope you both feeling much better soon.