Friday, September 26, 2008

Grateful Friday

Things I am grateful for today . . .

  • Abigail slept through the night . . . sweet girl. She knew her mommy had a bit of a cold and let her rest!
  • I am thankful that I only have a mild cold. Should be gone by next week.
  • I am thankful for my hardworking husband. He is always striving to do what is right for our family.
  • I am thankful for our house. . . even in its unfinished state.
  • I am thankful for my job. I am about to get Fridays off and that is just awesome. I don't know another place that is more protective, loving, and in-tuned towards their employees' needs.
  • This may sound weird but I am thankful for my car. I love my car, even in its junky state. I needed some hot tea this morning for breakfast and the window on the driver's side decided to work for me for the first time in a month. I will be in serious mourning when I have to get another vehicle! It is zippy (love that) and reliable (except the window).
  • I am thankful for my family. I get so much support from them every day. I don't know how I would do it with out the emotional support and physical support (watching Abigail, feeding us, etc) that we get all the time. I definitely take this for granted even though I try not to! Abigail is also a lucky and blessed girl to be raised in such a wonderful family.
  • I am thankful for our church. What wonderful, giving, loving, and real people are at our church. We were at a function last night and I was just amazed again at the outstanding outreach focus that our church has.
  • I am grateful that it is Friday. I'm ready for a weekend to catch up and to rest!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this! We all need reminders to focus on our blessings and what we have to be thankful for.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Blessings, jenn

Arielle said...

What church do you go to?

Are you going to try to do this every Friday? I used to put a sheet on the fridge called "Praise God for Positives" and try to write down one thing about ea son everyday.

I needed to know something nice happened in the midst of all the "instruction" ea day.

Um, as a mother of teens- probably I need to do that again!!!

Fabo example Jaimer!!!