Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Painful Leaving

It's good to know that I'm not the only working mom who struggles with leaving their baby every day. I have been reading other blogs lately and finding their struggles and feelings matching up to my own. It was especially difficult to leave this morning as Abigail is still not feeling the best and she was crying a bit as I left. Oh my heart was breaking! I do know that she will be ok and I will be called if I am needed!

Thanks for the tip, Cindy. I will look for that stuff today! :)

Her nose seemed better last night and this morning but as we were leaving for work, she was sneezing and she seemed to get plugged right back up again.

In other news: I have lost my keys. I believe I may have had an accomplice in losing my keys . . . my husband. I left them in my car for him yesterday when he was to drive it home from his parents' house and now I can't find them anywhere. Thankfully I found a spare car key so I was able to make it to work but my work keys are gone. Not good! I search the whole car but I'm hoping that with some help, I can find them tonight.

4 comments:

Laura said...

My mom has a prayer to say when you lose something. I think it goes:

"Baby Jesus, lost and found. Bring ______ right around." Insert "my keys" or any lost item in that blank.
If it doesn't work, I probably got the prayer wrong! She says something to that effect all the time and it seems to work...

Anonymous said...

tomorrow we wil see correction for this article about how I did not aid inlosing the keys.

Anonymous said...

The "Baby Jesus, lost and found" prayer is in reference to the statue of the Child Jesus in a church in Prague. In the 1600s, the church was attacked and the statue of Jesus fell into a pile of rubbish and wasn't found again for several years. Since then, the statue has been a source of devotion and many miracles have been associated with it (The statue isn't performing miracles... It is God, of course). But special things have been happening where the statue resides.

So, when you pray "Baby Jesus, lost and found, please bring my _____ around" then you are essentially praying to our dear Lord who can provide for all our needs... and who is known to perform miracles every now and then :)

Just thought you should know!

Love,
your cousin-in-law

Unknown said...

Thanks for the explaination, Lindsey. That was very enlightening!

Laura, many of my childhood memories from your house include times when your mom was searching for her keys! :) I'm laughing at the memories!