Thursday, September 04, 2008

Abigail's Firsts . . .

Last night I witnessed Abigail do something new for the first time . . . she sat up by herself (twice)! I could hardly believe my eyes. Andrew was also in the room and saw the same thing I did. Perhaps she has done this before for someone else and they didn't tell me (which I appreciate because I like to think that we witnessed her first sitting up). She was on her tummy and got her legs up under her (yes in the crawling position, oh my!) and then just pushed up with her arms. As a new mommy, I was amazed! :) She is also scooting around like crazy. She mainly goes backwards but she'll get in gear soon, I think. She also LOVES her walker. It is amazing how well she has figured that out. She can zoom around on our hardwood floor in just seconds. I took pictures and video last night that I had planned to post on here but that will have to be another day.

We are at the end of the road with her coming to work with me. She has really just been coming one afternoon a week for some time. It's just not fair to her anymore. Preschool is in session here and so I had to wait until after it was let out before putting her to sleep because it was so noisy! She also needs focused attention and interaction and I can't work and play or put her to sleep at the same time like I used to be able too. I'm sad to see the end of this but I'm hoping to have Friday's off soon to spend with her. I will still get to see her and feed her on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at lunch. That helps a lot. It's hard to leave her all day. I don't know how people do it who work really long shifts, etc!

She has been sleeping very well for having a stuffy nose. She has been going down before 8:00 pm and sleeping until at least 5 am. I consider this a pseudo sleep through the night. She's just waking up a little early! :) Andrew ended up sleeping downstairs last night so he wouldn't wake us (me) up with his fog horn nose (and it's cooler down there) and so I brought Abigail to bed with me at 5 am when she woke up. She nursed and then we snoozed together until my alarm went off at 6:10 am. I must admit that I missed Andrew but we also laughed together this morning at how well we both slept! :)

I was to concerned with getting sleep last night to stay up and watch the RNC (Shows you how political I am. My parents would be disappointed.) but I am and will be watching snippets online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sleep is more important than anything you can watch on TV.

We can hardly wait to see Abigail's new tricks. Hope I can get the floor clean enough for a baby to scoot on!

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! I've been vacuuming all the time and swiffering the hardwood (not that she's on that yet) much more than I used to!