Monday, September 08, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

Abigail always keeps us guessing. She went to sleep very easily last night and has been sleeping very well lately. I headed to bed at 10:30 pm thinking she would do her usual thing and sleep until 5:30 or 6 am. Nope! She woke at midnight, 2, and 4:30 am. At 4:30, I went back to bed even though she wasn't asleep in her crib. I watched on the monitor as she played with her dog, sat up, pulled on her bumpers, crashed back to the mattress, and eventually fell asleep on her own. What a crazy girl! This is very unusual and I have no idea why she did it. She is still quite stuffy so maybe her nose or throat was still bugging her. Perhaps her top teeth are (finally!) coming in or perhaps she wanted to practice her new tricks, sitting up on her own and (yes!) pulling up to a standing position in her crib. She's already had a few crashes from this.

We are so excited about the upcoming wedding of my sister, Jenny. Abigail and I leave next Tuesday and I've got to get packing. I'm a tad bit nervous about the flight (don't worry Mom, we'll be fine), just because I haven't done it by myself yet but they are short flights so even if she cries and whines, it won't be too bad.

I'm also still looking forward to taking Fridays off at work. I don't know yet when this will happen but I'm holding out hope that it will happen soon. I can't imagine how good it will feel to have a whole day off each week! I've never had that before! :)

In other news . . . I've been thining of what I could fast in my life. Food for any extended period isn't really an option (although it would be good for me) since I'm breastfeeding and I can't take any chances with my supply dropping. I considered TV but to be honest, it wouldn't really be a sacrifice. I don't watch much anyway and what I do watch isn't something I live for or even watch regularly. The only thing I do on a daily basis really that I could give us (that would hurt) would be blogging! I'm not even considering giving up writing on my blog, although I might at some point for a few days, but I'm talking about reading other blogs. I want to do this and so I will be thinking about when to do it and for how long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH! I forgot to mention that she took a 3 hour nap on Sunday. Perhaps that's why she wasn't tired during the night. I just assumed she needed that long of a nap if she was staying asleep! :0