Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And the keys appear . . .

Ok, I will definitely admit when I'm wrong. I spent most of the day blaming my husband for misplacing my keys but he ended up not being an accomplice in misplacing the keys mystery. He left them where he said he did and in my haste to leave this morning, I carried them inside the house . . . with the trash!

The first thing that goes in my life when I get busy is my car. I have mentioned before that I do eat some meals in there (today it was breakfast and 1/2 of my lunch) and it is my supply center on wheels. I keep the stroller in there and diapers, etc. Well, it gets pretty messy. I try to keep it cleaned out but honestly, keeping my house clean is more important. If I have 15 minutes, I'm going to spend it on the laundry and dishes, not my car.

So, as I was searching through my trashy car, I saw a few items that needed to be brought in and discarded or cleaned out (old cereal bowls or lunch containers). My keys were in one of those bags. I broke out into a spontaneous Hallelujah Chorus when I found them (yes, I know the whole thing!).

The weird thing is . . . Andrew wrote that comment on my last post hours before I actually found the keys. He did that on the bus on the way home and I didn't find them until I was cooking supper.

Abigail's cold/teeth/allergies seems to be either improving or very manageable. Her nose wasn't terribly runny today, again no fever, and she was pretty happy until supper time. Unfortunately, Andrew told me he has a scratchy throat and runny nose. It will be an early night for all of us here!

No comments: