Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Pain Management

Last night, as Andrew was giving Abigail a bath, I unloaded a ton of Target loot from my car. One of the cheap plastic bags broke and sent a glass bottle full of delicious Archer Farms juice crashing onto my foot. The bottle broke (I think when it was partially on my foot and partially on the cement in the garage) and sent glass shards into my toes and spraying out into the garage.

My reaction to this a year ago would have been to scream, cry, call for Andrew and act as if I were dying.

Yesterday, it just didn't seem to hurt as much. I calmly looked for a broom so I could get the glass away from Dewey the dog's area (I hobbled to the broom), got it all swept up, went to the outside faucet to wash the blood from my foot and headed inside.

Let's just say that when Andrew saw the blood coming from my toes he was in shock that I wasn't screaming or crying.

The difference between a year ago and now . . .

I have felt what a 10 on the pain scale feels like through drug-free childbirth, and a little cut on my foot is nothin'. This has revolutionized the way I handle pain (I think)!

------

In other news, Abigail's night was better. She again went down without much of a fuss (I think I checked on her twice) but woke at midnight. I thought we were in for another long night but she slept until I woke her up at 6:30 am. She's not coming with me to work today. :( Sniff. Sniff. Time for her to have the attention and care she needs at the babysitter, instead of me ignoring her (not purposefully but you know it's hard to play with someone and answer phones/work at the same time) and her not sleeping well with me at work.

We're hosting our small group on Thursday of this week, and I can't wait! It will be so good to see old friends, even though we'll be missing those who can't be with us. I want to say a special hello to Emilee and Jason who are serving God in Nigeria (that's why they can't join us) with Back 2 Back Ministries. Check out their link in my blog roll! We love you guys and miss you. Let us know how we can best support you!

No comments: