Monday, September 01, 2008

The House of Snot!

Well, Saturday night I could tell Abigail was a little sneezy and starting to get a snotty nose. I didn't know how the night would play out otherwise I would have gone to sleep much earlier! She woke for the first time at 11:00 pm (I was still up). I nursed her and she could hardly breathe through her nose, poor babe. So the night continued at 1:30 am, 3:00 - 5:00 am, 6 am, 7 am, and 8 am wakings. I had to teach Sunday School so Andrew stayed home with our girl.

We think it is either
1) teeth coming in
2) a minor cold
3) allergies

I'm leaning towards teeth. The gums seem bumpy and she can't keep stuff out of her mouth. Last night our night was much better (she woke twice, Andrew got her once and I got her once). She has had no fever to speak of really (once it was 99.2 but mostly it's under normal around 98.3 to 98.6) and the snot is clear and flowing!

Her main issue is that she isn't napping very long. Her longest naps are 45 minutes so she is also overly tired.

We're doing everything we know how to do to make her comfortable. She took a nap in her seat today in a steamy bathroom. She's had her nose suctioned and HATES that. We're also giving her the teething tablets and I did use Orajel last night. I hope that if it's teeth that they show up soon!

I'm very thankful that this came on her this weekend, since we're both not working today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
Try some saline solution. A couple of drops in each nose. You can make your own or you can buy a brand for little people. I think it's called "Lil Noses". She won't like it, but it should help if you use 3 - 4 times a day.
Love, Aunt Cindy