Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why am I complaining?

I have no idea why I get so frustrated with Abigail's sleep. She is a dream baby (except for the falling asleep thing). As an example of how good she is let me tell you a quick story. I had her at work with me this afternoon. I have been gradually tapering off bringing her to work. It is just getting hard for her to nap here, even though she is a dream and I am still able to get lots done with her here. So, anyway, this morning my boss says that he is moving our staff meeting from the morning to the afternoon. I mentioned that I had Abigail but I suggested that we still plan on meeting!

She was fabulous! :) She simply sat on my lap looking around or played nicely on a blanket on the floor while we met for an hour and a half! She "talked" loudly a few times but never whined or fussed. I am so lucky to be able to do stuff like that with her.

This is also another opportunity to say how fortunate I am to work where I do. I LOVE my job and the people at the church. It is wonderful that I am able to bring her with me when needed and be flexible enough to get off for doctor's appointments or when another caregiver cannot watch her. I simply could not ask for a nicer place to work!

No comments: