Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday

I have been negligent in mentioning the fact that Abigail turned six months old on our trip. I wanted to wait until I could write a proper post for it. So here it goes:

Dear Sweet Daughter,

Happy half birthday! On the flight back from Hawaii I looked down at you sleeping on my lap. I was overwhelmed in that moment by how much God must love me. He must love me more than I can imagine simply because He gave you to me (and us) to love and raise. We love you darling daughter. We're enjoying watching you grow and change every moment and we're looking forward to what the future holds for all of us! We took you to Hawaii for your six month birthday. How will we ever top that when you turn 1 year old?! :)

Love,

Mommy


2 comments:

Laura said...

I now know what you meant about getting comments. It really feels like no one reads it with no comments.
Anyway, your trip sounded amazing. I think that when your vacation rolls over next year, you, Andrew and Abigail should head out this way! We can show them all of our old family haunts!

Unknown said...

Actually, I seriously think that Colorado would be a great place for a family gathering next year. I know my parents would enjoy that location and it would be so much fun to visit you!