Monday, August 25, 2008

Night #3

Last night was night #3 for sleeping through for Abigail. Too bad that the last three nights haven't been so good for me! I've been restless and waking up every few hours to check on her (on the monitor, I don't go into her room). Weird! I hope that goes away very soon. I have enjoyed a little extra sleep, although I still need to head to bed earlier.

I can actually say that I had a productive weekend, for once. I did laundry (wash, dry, fold, and put away), vacuumed most of the house, cleaned upstairs bathroom, cleaned living room, cleaned kitchen, got new toys/stuff for Abigail, grocery shopped, worked on scanning pictures for sister's wedding slideshow, made lunches, and made some food for Abigail. Whew! It felt great to get ahead on some stuff. I, of course, hung out with my Abigail and Andrew. Boy, I do miss them when I'm not with them. Ok, must stop thinking about that! Ah!

This week is a very busy one for me at work. Preschool is beginning and I have LOTS of financial paperwork to enter before they start in a week. I also have three newsletters (the regular one that I do and two for the fall), the fall server schedule to complete, and all the church classes (SS and Adult) to have attendance records ready - all before Sunday.

Oh, and there is something wrong with our rental house in Sterling. I got a message from our renter but haven't called her back yet. We've already fixed more than we can afford to on that house! Ah well, life goes on!

On a positive note: I was very dedicated to pumping all weekend and I have a great supply of milk started for Abigail this week. I must not slack off during the week but it's nice to have a head start.

Next Subject: Babyproofing. Our girl is beginning to scoot around. What sort of things did all you moms do to babyproof? We're going to get outlet covers, put a gate at the top of our stairs, and of course, keep small objects, any sort of toxic or dangerous materials out of her reach. Anything else?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We didn't have to do much babyproofing for Anna. She just didn't get into anything! I did leave one drawer in the kitchen unlocked and put towels/bibs in it. That was HER drawer and she LOVED playing in it. It kept her occupied while I worked in the kitchen. If you have a fireplace, I would get some protective edge things for it and any sharp corners on a coffee table. We didn't even have to do anything to the computer (which sits in the kitchen)--she just didn't get into things! Even Jacob doesn't really bother it. We wouldn't even have needed the outlet covers for Anna-she never once even looked at the outlets! Jacob on the other hand tries to get the covers off!

Unknown said...

This will be interesting. She seems to be pretty interested in everything. Maybe we should play it by ear!