Saturday, August 23, 2008

Patience

Our little girl is always full of surprises. After struggling a bit to get to sleep last night, she didn't wake up until 7:15 am. It was nice! Then she took three naps today, one she struggled falling alseep for.

I firmly believe that one of the main things that Abigail has to teach me is patience. I do not have a lot of it! As I have said before, I like to make things happen. If I think something needs to be done or I want something, I always try to take immediate action. Well, let's just say that this doesn't work with an infant (I'm learning). I can't force her to sleep just because I want to go do something else. I'm slow in learning this but I will get it in time.

Abigail struggled with a rash in June. The doc gave us/me a diet, prescription cream, and a homeopathic remedy to try. We always thought it was the cream that cured the rash, but I think we were wrong. At her last appointment, she had a little rash/irritated skin behind her knees so I didn't treat it with cream the day before, in order to let the doc see it. He encouraged me to only use the homeopathic treatment and not the cream, unless it looked like it was getting worse. So, we have done that the past few days and the rash is disappearing! I kept thinking that Andrew was applying cream and I didn't know but he hasn't (he knew about the plan). I'm slightly ashamed of myself for not believing that it would work!

Also, last night, the only thing I did differently was to give her some Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets, as I think she's working on her upper teeth. I'm now wondering if that helped her sleep better. She was pretty mouthy and a little irritable all day (except when she had a pacifier in) so we really think those might be bothering her. They don't look quite ready to pop in yet, however.

Ok, I'm off to bed now. Andrew and I are singing for his grandma's church tomorrow. I worked out a deal with him that I would make a difficult phone call if he would sing with me. . . so he is! I wish he would sing and get involved in more music. Such a waste of talent! :)

No comments: