Friday, August 08, 2008

Baby Foods

Here is just a sample of some of the research I have done (and my nutritional advisors, Mom and Jennie, have also done) in the past few months.

http://www.westonaprice.org/children/nourish-baby.html

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/wholebody/wholebaby/feedingbaby.html#2

I am also reading the Nourishing Traditions Cookbook. I hope to start eating more out of there for my own meals as well.

I was originally thinking an egg yolk for her first food but I have changed my mind. I believe it will be an organic banana. To be honest, it seems like just as good a first food with less hassle. There is no cooking involved with a banana as there would be with an egg and I can easily transport this to Abigail's care givers next week.

Can you tell that I have probably put WAY too much thought into this?

Now my goal for the weekend is to find BPA free baby dishes and utensils. Hmm, I probably should find BPA free plasitc bags or find glass containers for storage. Andrew says I'm too picky about these things but I think it is important to simply do what I can do. I know that I can't protect Abigail from everything but I might was well do what I can!

Sleep Update: She's still on Hawaii time! We tried to keep her up as late as possible last night but she was melting down at 8 pm. We put her to bed and she slept (so did I) until 9:30 pm. She then woke up ready to play! She laid in her crib playing until around midnight and then became fussy. I let her cry a bit (but was monitoring everything from my bed with the baby monitor) and finally got up and fed her a little around 12:45 am. She fell asleep after that and slept until I woke her up at 7 am. So we got more sleep than the night before but we still have a ways to go!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Bananas were my favorite food when I was a baby, according to my parents. And just to ease your worries, I ate vegetables as a kid and still do! I think that's a great choice.

Anonymous said...

I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday (unusual, I know) and picked up a bunch of organic bananas for Wayne, I thought. So it looks like we will be set for Monday. They are still a little green but you are welcome to get some for her over the weekend if they ripen up. Wayne and Jennie have even turned into night owls this week because they aren't back to normal time yet!

Unknown said...

We are really struggling with the whole jet lag thing. I had no idea it would be this bad. She goes down easily for sleep but wakes up quickly and fights it for HOURS!

Thanks Laura. I definitely want Abigail to eat her veggies.