Wednesday, August 06, 2008

For lack of a better title: We're home!

We're home after a long and grueling day of travel! We left Honolulu (after a long day of sight-seeing) at 10:30 pm Hawaii time and arrived in our driveway around 1:00 am Ohio time! We were all VERY tired! Abigail really did great on the flights. She slept the whole first flight (thanks to it being over-night), most of the second, and about half of the third. Thankfully the flights kept getting shorter. I'm so glad I don't have to sit in a plane any more for a while. When I was falling asleep last night, I couldn't even lay on my back because my butt hurt so bad from sitting!

I really am impressed with Abigail's flying ability! She doesn't seem to be too far off as far as the time-change goes. We'll see. She went to bed at 2:00 am and slept until 10:00 am. Then napped while still at home and on the way to the sitters. It will be interesting to see how she did this afternoon.

We had such a wonderful time in Hawaii. I was so sad to leave. To be honest my favorite part of the trip wasn't one specific thing we did but was simply getting to spend time with family, my little family and extended family.

I feel like I hardly get to see Andrew during the week, since he and I are either at work or he is at home working and I'm cleaning up or attending the baby. It was also a joy for me to get to spend a whole 11 days with Abigail. She got into a really great rhythm of napping, feeding (which she does MUCH better without switching to a bottle 1/2 of the time), and playing once we got there and got settled.

I really did enjoy touring around Oahu. We had to be pretty picky about stuff we did because of the baby, so we got a driving tour map and did that. It was incredibly fun! I didn't realize how beautiful the Oahu north and east shores are. Truly breath taking. We'll post pictures later!

Anyway, it was also great to sleep in our own beds last night. As my eyes droop while I'm typing this, I am also looking forward to this luxury tonight!

No comments: