Monday, February 02, 2009

This Day - One Year Ago

One year ago, right at this very moment, I was in labor. I could not have imagined how my life would drastically change at 4:00 pm that day. It was, by far, the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced since I had a drug-free birth. It was also, by far, the most joyous occasion of my life (at 4:01 pm).

Dearest Sweet Baby Girl,

You aren't really that much of a baby anymore. You are certainly becoming your own person very quickly. You are trying new things, like climbing the stairs, and new foods, like meat! You like to test how far you can go but you respond pretty quickly to us when we tell you "no".

You are one-year-old today. I cannot believe how fast this year has gone and how much we both have changed. You continue to amaze us every single day by how much you are growing and learning. You now clap your hands when we say "Clap Your Hands" and you are saying so many new sounds, although no real clear words yet. I believe you know who Dada is and who Momma is but you have yet to really label us with your words.

We love you very much. We are so blessed as your parents to have such a sweet, good-natured, and lovely person for a daughter. You have certainly lived up to the meaning of your name, which is "A Father's Joy". You are not only a joy to your Father but to everyone else around you as well. I'm sure that God is looking down on you today and smiling at the beautiful child of God that He created!

Love,

Your Momma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful Jaime! Blogging is an awesome means of journalling and leaving a legacy behind for your family. I wish it had been around when my kiddos were smaller. I'm a terrible journaler, but I bet I if I had the means to blog way back than I might have had more luck with it. Maybe I should start.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Abigail:) It's been a blessing to read your mom's blog and watch you change and grow this first year of your precious life. You are so lucky to have Andrew and Jaime for parents! May God continue to richly bless you and your mamma and daddy!
Love, Great Auntie Cindy

Anonymous said...

What darling pictures! Happy 1st Birthday, Abigail. We're looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Love,
Grandpa Kurt and Grandma RoAnn

Arielle said...

:0) I remember praying for you and Adorable Abigail one year ago. What a joy it has been to see her grow and change!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever! Happy, happy birthday to my beautiful great niece, Love, Carol
The librarian in me loves that she is reading...

Unknown said...

She LOVES to read, Carol. I guess she takes after lots of us in the family who also love to read! :)

ginabnina said...

The pictures are wonderful! She's absolutely precious....

Happy Birthday, Little Darling!