Thursday, February 05, 2009

Striving

I think I'll write more about this later when I can gather my thoughts more completely but here is a wonderful blog for you to read.

http://onething.beautifulheritage.com/?p=1973


It is always something that I think about, even at the back of my mind. Am I doing everything I can to become more Christ-like? Today, I'm thankful that the Bible has a very wonderful description of what a woman-of-God looks like in Proverbs 31. I know I will never live up to it but I'm thankful that the standard is set for me to strive towards.

I SERIOUSLY need to work on the getting up earlier thing. I can't seem to roll out of bed before 6:15 am, even though I know that my family would benefit greatly from me getting up earlier. I truly believe that God is asking me to do this - to be a better wife and mother - to be prepared for my day. For me, it is a first step . . . something very tangible that I can try to do.

No comments: