Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Repeating Post

I think I wrote this post last year and the year before that.

Here's the gist of it.

We got some snow last night.

Lots of people don't know how to drive in snow.

Counties are out of salt so the roads aren't completely cleaned off (but still passable, believe me).

Got lots of IRATE parents calling this morning, asking why school was still on.

Next year in the winter, people will still not know how to drive in snow (tip - drive slowly) and people will still not know how to make decisions themselves (if you don't want to get out and drive in the snow - don't - it's fine - we understand).

Sorry for my soapbox morning. The IRATENESS (if that's a word) is just getting to me!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Here is my irate-ness: when Cincinnati Public Schools are closed, our office is closed. What? Why? First: adults work here. Not children. Children may be more vulnerable to the elements, but I think we can handle it. Second: we don't have to be at work until 9:00. Schools start much earlier than that, sometimes before roads have had the chance to work themselves out. Third: we have work to do! Apointments, deadlines, commitments, meetings. When it doesn't get done snow is a convienent excuse. This divides our office into two camps--those who take advantage of not having to come to work and those who come to work anyway because they have things on their to-do-list. You can imagine each group sneers at the other. Yay for teambuilding!! I went to a 9:00 appointment at the city permit office this morning before I went into my office. You can bet that everyone there was at work. If they can do it, so can we! Jaime, I apologize my rant was longer than your blog post but I needed an outlet.

Unknown said...

No problem. I COMPLETELY understand!

Unknown said...

People are stupid. Enough said. :)