Sunday, July 27, 2008

We're In Maui!

We have finally arrived in Maui (yesterday). Our second flight wasn't quite as smooth with Abigail as the first. She fought sleep and was whiney but we made it through. I think most of the problem was that there were rude teenagers on our plane who kept being loud, kicking seats, getting up and down. Who could sleep with all that noise?

We had an interesting experience in Oahu. We stayed at a hotel down by Waikiki beach. Well, let's just say that we picked the PARTY hotel without knowing it. Very noisy, sirens going off, bottles smashing, etc. I may have slept 5 hours. Thankfully Andrew and Abigail fared a little better. We had to rise early again the next day to catch our ride on the SuperFerry.

We LOVED the SuperFerry. It was almost luxurious. We enjoyed seeing more of the islands, the voyage movie, leather couches, etc. Abigail didn't sleep all that well there either but eventually konked out at the end. They kept telling everyone to take their motion sickness tablets and so I was a little concerned about that but we all felt fine the whole way (we didn't take any drugs either).

Upon arriving in Maui, we got our rental car and hung out at a beach and an outlook for a few hours before lunch. We ate a delicious meal at Mama's Fish House. Very yummy. By then we could check into our condo so we headed over here. Our condo is seriously paradise on earth! The view is something out of a post card! I'll get Andrew to upload a photo later and I'll put it on here. It makes me want to come back here all the time. Of course that won't happen, not for a while anyway.

Miss Abigail is still a little mixed up on her time zones but not too bad. She just woke up pretty early this morning. We went for a walk on the beach. She also keeps to have a slightly stuffy nose. I'm wondering if this is related to teething, since she is SERIOUSLY working on her second bottom tooth. Everything is going into her mouth and Andrew says he can see it.

This morning my mother-in-law, father-in-law and I went to a Hawaiian church service (Andrew kept Abigail). It was excellent. The music was great, the message was inspiring, and there was a lady who did a beautiful interpretive dance. The people were very friendly also. I'm glad that we went! The pastor said at the end of his sermon, "God wants to make this week the best week ever (for you)." We couldn't agree more!

Everyone is at our beach right now (which is like 30 second walk away) and I'll head down after Abigail wakes up from her nap. We are headed to our luau tonight. Should be fun!!

Oh, and my father-in-law brought his laptop so that's where I'm blogging from and where I'll post pictures. I could not have typed all this from Andrew's little phone. Hopefully some pictures will follow later.

Aloha!

6 comments:

Mauibrad said...

"We LOVED the SuperFerry. It was almost luxurious. We enjoyed seeing more of the islands, the voyage movie, leather couches, etc. Abigail didn't sleep all that well there either but eventually konked out at the end. They kept telling everyone to take their motion sickness tablets and so I was a little concerned about that but we all felt fine the whole way (we didn't take any drugs either)."

Nice family report. You had a good seasonal weather day.

Aloha, Brad

Laura said...

Hawaii sounds awesome. I'm glad you're having a good time and that Abigail's doing well, considering that she's teething! It makes me REALLY want to go back to St. Lucia.
I also wanted to let you know that if you need help with anything for Jenny's wedding, girls night, etc, please let me know! It's coming up so soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you're having a great time! I can't wait to hear more about it. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

P.S. The last comment was from me.

Love,
Aunt Jenny

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun--yay! A week on the beach sounds pretty nice right now, especially since it's hot and muggy in KS :) Ohh well, the AC is lovely. Have you learned the Hawaiian state fish yet??

Arielle said...

Pictures, pictures, pictures. :0) Sounds GREAT, and I am not AT ALL surprised that you need no drugs!

Maybe the stuffy nose is just from all the flying?

I am really glad for you all, and I hope you get some sleep tonight, or was that last night?

Whatever!